SIGNED: 2019 BMW i3s Rex 12k miles $202/ month (Nov 2019 Deal) 13% off MSRP

40%20PM

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019 BMW i3s REX
MSRP: $54,045
Vehicle Discount: $6,995 (roughly 13%)
Doc Fee: $549 (This is totally crazy. BMW Portland is only $115)
Monthly Payment: $202
Drive-Off Amount: $3750 ($1750 MSD)
Months: 24
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: .00093
Residual: 64%
Incentives: $10,500 ($7,500 EV, $3,000 Loyalty)
OTD price with all fees after discounts: $41,275.70
Region: West (UT)
Leasehackr Score:
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

So I wanted to share this deal and a few notes for you guys. I used to work for BMW and Porsche. While at BMW I would use this forum for a quick deal close. If I knew a client was going to haggle, but I liked them, I would just show them this forum and tell them to bring me a deal to match so that I could take it to my manager. This was a quick and easy way for me to get my mini, keep clients happy, hit my volume goals, and get a lot of referrals. So if you are a BMW Client Advisor, take note. BMW has become a volume lease sales brand and lost interest in holding gross. Make it easy on yourself and your clients.

I was between the deal above and a 10k/ annual miles, but I want to put ALL of my commuter miles on this car and preserve my other cars with low miles. The other deal I looked at was 1k down, MSD’s, and 10,000 miles annually. The overall cost at the end was about $500 less expensive than this, but this gives me a lot more miles, so I am happy with this in the end.

Also, if you are looking to make deals like this work at your dealership, they do require some finesse. Some dealers are willing to play ball, others will not. If you want to make a deal like this, make sure that you are clear from the beginning with the sales-person as to what your intent is. Show them the structure, ask if they have anything they can make this work for you, and don’t be too picky. You are basically asking them to do you a favor when they sell you a car and really drop everything to give you these deals.

Notes:
Multiple Security Deposits always round up to the nearest $50 increment. If your payment is $201, you have to pay $250. So a $202 payment requires 7x $250 payments ($1750 total).

$3,000 Owner Loyalty recently went up from $1,500, so this can fluctuate. Also, this counts for any BMW you owned in the last 12 months. You do not have to be a current owner. My vehicle was a lease return from March of this year and qualified.

Other rebates exist, but I did not qualify for them ie: USAA, College Grad, Etc.

IF you can find a vehicle in the retired service loaner list that you like, BMW usually gives the dealer about $7,000 to discount those cars. I started my search looking for service loaner i3’s but there just aren’t a lot of them. If you start with the internet dept looking for them, the dealer will instantly ask what a service loaner and it allows you to open the pricing discussion and tell them your intentions.

I hope that this helps someone! If you find errors in my numbers let me know, but I think it is all accurate.

7 Likes

Nicely done! The doc fee in Oregon is capped at $115 by the state. Same in WA at $150. I don’t expect either to last forever. Trend seems to be that they’re increasing across the country.

1 Like

Thank you!

Yeah, Doc fees are pure profit. I feel a lot worse knowing my doc fee will pay for the sales guy’s mini as well as the 10 minutes that the office clerk takes processing my docs. Especially since I am buying out of state and I will be doing my own DMV work…

1 Like

Great deal. You could also pay a small CCR to bring the payment to under $200 and have your MSDs reduced as a result.

1 Like

Good insight. Enjoy the i3. Love the color.

2 Likes