Signed! 2019 BMW i3 REX 30/15 - 100/month 2100 MSD

So I saw a thread about the i3 deals and I remembered the advice my brother gave me telling me to wait all the way back in July. I spoke with a dealer we have gotten cars from before and gave him some numbers and this is what he came up with.

The numbers made sense with the SCE rebate as well as increased CVRP making the net payment 100/month. The calculator is off by like 2 dollars but you guys know how it is.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019 BMW i3 REX Imperial Blue with Blue Accent and Deka Dark
MSRP: $49795
Monthly Payment: $283 (100 with post sale rebates)
Drive-Off Amount: $2100 (MSD)
Months: 30
Annual Mileage: 15000
MF: 0.00128 (0.00093 after MSD)
Residual: 58%
Incentives: 3000 Loyalty, 1000 Grad, 1000 OL Code (Kind of)
Region: Socal
Leasehackr Score: 16.6
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=BMW&miles=15000&msd=7&msrp=49795&sales_price=43862&months=30&mf=.00128&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=925&taxed_inc=11500&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=58&reg_fee=532&sales_tax=7.75&demo_mileage=0&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&monthlyTax_radio=true

The OL Code was a bit of a trip up. The sales manager couldn’t give us the full 100 so he gave us another 1000 off the MSRP which made it work. Got a 50k car for 100/month. I think that’s pretty solid?

10 Likes

Waiving the acq fee for the marked up MF would have saved you $8 overall. :laughing:

5 Likes

congrats on the awesome deal!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s what happened… I still haven’t fully grasped the MF and MSD part so I’m not too sure but its all good

what are you unsure about?

Great deal! Enjoy your i3!

1 Like

If you can name the dealer and the contact

1 Like

I talked to multiple dealers about this and most claimed that they didnt know how to do this, while the others claimed to have calculated this and it made no financial sense on my i3 lease in July

1 Like

The real issue here, is how does a new “grad” get approved on a 50k car, with income under the $37k allowable to receive the “increased” $4500 CVRP rebate? Not adding up.

Right ? Lol helped a friend got a base i3 BEV with only pay of 6131. After the rebate of 5500(4500 CVRP + 1000(Edison), its gonna average $21 a month… nuts! Lol

3 Likes

Nobody in his right mind would pay 50K of his own money for this car. Under $200/month is probably what it is worth it and leases around that. Good deal though.

1 Like

Thought CVRP was $2,500?

Depends on the household income

I was looking into this for my sister until I read the fine print that CVRP calculates the income of all people living in your household even if you are not dependent on them. That’s the catch, so if you live with mom/dad/family then their income is calculated into the total amount

And the $2500 rebate isn’t being sent out till funds show up!

Great deal though, hope it all works out as planned with rebates!

good credit but low income. You can have low income with good credit

I looked at the CVRP fine print and we have gotten it in our household before. We know the whole process needed to apply.

Sure, but who leases a 50k car to someone with a 37k income? Period. Regardless of credit. With the real monthly payment, before CVRP/Socal Edison rebates which a bank can’t take into account, someone with 4 years of credit history and 37k of income should not be finance-able on a 50k asset. This is why we had a financial crisis in 2008.

1 Like

Also, the Rex in Deka, Blue, without a single option other than paint starts at $52,50, not $49,796 MSRP. So, this is not adding up at all.

Here’s a REx build in Imperial Blue with Deka Dark cloth for $49k.

https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-own.html#/studio/e0ltjt9g/summary

1 Like

Yes I agree but the situation isn’t the same. I Co-signed with my mother who has years of credit that I have been apart of since 2003. Technically I have had credit for the last 19 years. I was approved for another BMW as well so I have the history.