Signed | 2019 BMW 530e Demo | $0 DAS | $505 Mo | 24m/10k Mi | MSRP $60k | TX Deal

Year, Make, Model, and Trim:2019 BMW 530e
MSRP: $ 60,xxx
Drive-Off Amount: $ 0 (I just signed and drove off)
Months: 24
Annual Mileage: 10K
MF: 0.0015625*
Residual: $39.8k
All Disc: $15K**
Region: SowthWest ? I am in TX.

Monthly Payment: $ 505

State Rebate: $2,500
IRS Tax (EV) Credit: $4,668

Effective Mo PMT: $ 206.67

This is OC (OwnerChoice) financing (to capture EV and full State rebate). I had to pay tax on full transaction. I am upset that I failed to bring payment under $200. I left $500 PenFed money on the table (site won’t generate code for me). No CCA rebate since it is demo. Now that I have OC titled under my name and defined residual, I am aiming for next hack to be effectively <$100 monthly.

Under traditional lease structure, it was coming out to be $353/mo (with tax credit & MSD) and $283/mo after State rebate.

*PSA: OC buy rate is 3.75% (not 4.75% as mentioned here and Edmunds). I was ready to pay 4.75 until dealer contract listed lower rate, so that was a nice surprise.

**Discount breakdown:
Dealer Disc: $10.75K
Lease Cash: $1.75k,
Loyalty: $2K (don’t ask don’t tell :smiley: … my first bmw)
OL: $0.5K

• It took me few months of leg work to pull this off (research, grabbing OL code and getting deal check)
  • Deal was closed last hour of 2019 (6pm on 12/31)
  • Not repeatable. (I can share dealer name but he refused to repeat dealer disc)
  • I will need to purchase GAP separately so my effective pmt may jump (as my insurance will jump few bucks $)

I wanna thank everyone for engaging in my previous threads. I hope this will inspire others to hack even better deal.

4 Likes

I am not familiar with owners choice financing. Is this a lease or a buy that you posted?

Awesome deal. Well done.

was this at BMW of San Antonio?
How did you get OL code? I haven’t gotten one in a while.

OC is hybrid of lease and finance. BMWFS only offers it in TX, IL and GA.
Positive

• titled on your name with lien on it.
  • It allows to you capture EV credit,
  • if choose buy at the end of lease (or at balloon pmt), you don’t have to pay sales tax again
  • no acquisition fee

Negatives

• higher MF / APR
  • cant transfer your lease
  • cant use sales tax credit
  • some dealer shy away from it
1 Like

Interesting - Thanks!

No, it wasn’t.
They have 20+ loaners but they won’t go beyond $8500 dealer discount.

You can try and may have better luck than me. But be ready for Hyundai dealer shenanigans … they reminded me of on Don Ready.

I got the OL couple of month ago from test drive when BMW was running “drive of end hunger” promo. It was simply a web form link to generate OL code. I think @Electric even outed the link in OL thread.

Congrats on your new car! GAP insurance should be included with BMWFS lease. You might want to double check with your dealer.

Was the full sales tax paid included in your $505 monthly payment? Very nice deal

This isn’t a lease, so GAP isn’t included in OP’s deal.

Congrats on getting this deal.

Looks like you bought the Black 530e over at BMW of Temple.

Is it possible that this “Loyalty” is actually conquest?

Conquest is $1k on 5 series
Loyalty is $2k on 5 series.

At the end of negotiations, I proposed $15.5k off of msrp, regardless of however they can get there, then settled at $15k. Initially we were going back n forth itemized.

I think (could be wrong) loyalty is validated by insurance and vin. If it was conquest, then they must have bumped dealer contributions.

Yes, tax was collected on whole cap cost. OC doesn’t allow tax credit.

@ccuser011 do you mind sharing your final quote? I just want to compare what kind of fees dealers usually add on. Mine had tint, carrying charges, $110 dealer doc fees…

For 24mo lease you are getting $1666.7 instead of the $2,500 for TX EV rebate (2/3).
Otherwise terrific deal! This is what I was trying to do but no dealers would budge on a reasonable deal so I ended up with an 540i.

sounds like bunch of garbage add-on. I would fight em off. Attached is my final number. It says my lease score is ~24 years lol.

Incorrect statement. Its OC. I attached a coversheet with app to remind the clerk that I am claiming full rebate. This is what I got(too lazy to cash it)

See page number 2

I think what happened is that again, OC tricked the system and was regarded as a purchase not a 2-year lease, or the TCEQ clerks simply didn’t read thru your purchase contract, either way it worked out in your favor. Still, for any “true” 2-yr lease it would only be eligible for $1,665