Signed: 2019 430i M Sport 24/10k $233mo $0 DAS

The co-signing is the difference here. Co-signing makes your dad a party to the lease, so where he lives relative to you is irrelevant.

This is the current wholesale price on the equivalent vehicle at end of term sold today. I am blown away that the risk team at BMWFS hasn’t plugged holes like these. The captive is guaranteed to lose at least $6k and potentially as much as $9-11k on the residual risk alone plus the rate buydown cost.

If I were betting, I’d estimate that the current BMW loaner lease program will get a residual haircut sometime in the next 2 years. Get these deals for as long as the lender is asleep at the cash register!

They’re in a tricky position, if they don’t subvent these things they won’t sell. BMW has been inflating residuals for a long time, so maybe the MSRP’s are inflated so much they can afford to eat it at the end. Shifting production to Mexico on the 3-series definitely has to help, I can only imagine how much cheaper it is south of the boarder vs the fatherland

1 Like