Show Us Your Rental Car

Recruiting dealers on West Coast? :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t you like to know? :slightly_smiling_face:

430i convertible for $296 over 4 days in IAD. Originally rented a 5 series, but this is all all they had. I wanted the Z4 in the background but we couldn’t get the luggage to fit.

Not sure what I was doing with these quick photos, most likely more interested about the detailed ones of all the damage I needed to add before driving off.

First time with sixt and would recommend.

4 Likes

Will see you in a Lambo in 3 2 1 :slight_smile:

IOW, ‘I can neither confirm nor deny’. Or the line form the OG House of Cards (best version) ’ You might very well think that but I couldn’t possibly comment’.

I feel that’s better suited to it’s own thread where we can move a few of the last posts from here as well.

I telepathed that trip report straight to your noggin!

I think the written policy of Hertz is to bring it back with at least 10%, though no one at the O’Hare location seemed to know. Was given conflicting instructions by one manager - to bring it back with the same level as it left with, and to bring it back with at least 50%.

It feels like they will need to install a small bank of superchargers at larger locations or at least large banks of AC chargers to really figure this out.

Hope they know what demand charges are…

No no, the written policy of Hertz is to mark the car stolen and have the renter arrestted.

4 Likes

$122/day in socal. Love the exhaust sound and it handles surprisingly well for its size. Nice features inside as well. Wouldn’t mind owning one of these when I’ve got kids to tow around

7 Likes
2 Likes

Just rented a Ford Explorer yesterday from Hertz $260 for the week in SoCal
I booked a “Rogue or similar” and they gave me a '21 Explorer Limited for the same price, sweet deal

I sold my Tesla M3 yesterday and needed a car till next one arrives tomorrow, so I took a rental instead of Ubering home, ($150 Uber) since I didn’t know if new Tesla would actually be delivered by Saturday 6/11 and going to Vegas on Monday so may take the Ford instead… “may” :joy:
That thing got me 27 Mpg and has the enhanced Cruise Control too with Navigation-can’t complain for $260/week

7 Likes

The Pendry Hotel in San Diego has a partnership with Cadillac to rent a wide variety of their vehicles, no V models unfortunately. I chose this big boy for 4 hours with gas included. V6 Durango still has it beat though.

Total cost: $0

6 Likes

Go Alpine or go home

9 Likes

Had these recently. Model 3 standard range that I lost the front hubcap on from hertz and Polestar 2 with the Pilot Plus and Performance packs. Handling and build quality were much better on the Polestar, only charged at home for both. Put about 2000 miles on each

4 Likes

Which did you like better overall though?

Polestar. Really impressed with it. It’s noticeably less efficient than the Model 3 but I think for most commuters it’s plenty. Felt more like a real car, quieter, no rattles despite being over a year older than that model 3 and having a lot more miles on it, better ride, and the Google integration was slick. I don’t do too many road trips so my need to charge on the road is minimal but I’ve never really had an issue getting around Florida in my old Chevy Bolt (other than waiting forever because it charged slow). I have two Teslas in my garage right now and it’s funny how poorly built they are in general but supercharging is definitely the biggest thing they have going for them right now.

2 Likes

Same. It sucks it’s such a pig on range (It consumes more than our MX!)

Yeah. The Model 3 I rented had the LFP battery (vs the normal one in my model 3 SR+) and dang that LFP car is even more efficient than my car. Usually takes me 20% to get to work, LFP car took 13-15% driving exactly the same in similar weather. Tesla’s battery superiority is pretty impressive

1 Like