Shouldn't WANTED be stickied?

Interesting, a broker who wants their clients to work for it.
Well then maybe an OPT out of the Wanted list as well.

I think it should be sticky, if brokers/dealers think conversion rate is low they can ignore it.

Pretty sure there are already stickies that noobs don’t read.

1 Like

There are always things people don’t read, but look at it from the New Member POV, they need to see where they are going and not looking down 50 posts in marketplace or even possibly on page 2.

Will it fix all of them? Nah, maybe 10% if any, but if the 10% can’t find the sticky, then that 10% also posts in Ask a Hacker which means one of you has to tell them to go to WANTED, which they can’t find.

I also realized that Wanted should auto purge after 30 days, because if you haven’t been helped by then, you are not going to get help.

The wanted adds is already a pinned thread. I’m not sure why it doesn’t show up at the top of the list.

1 Like

If you don’t understand the purpose of that thread, then maybe read the first post

This thread is just a landfill for “I want XXX but don’t want to do any work”

1 Like

Well, I put the time into marketing and work hard for positive reviews, so if people search for their location (my location) and the brands I serve, I want them to see value in the service I provide and approach me.

I dont want to chase people down on the forums, especially new members. That may be a style thing, though. I feel like that’s the car dealership experience, no?

As a new member, I wouldn’t want to be messaged be 5-6 brokers/dealers.

5 Likes

Right , then don’t post in WANTED then. Isn’t that the point?

1 Like

I dont think new members always know right away. It’s often the first place new members post in the forum.

If they posted and got swarmed by 5-6 people, it would be ugly.

2 Likes

You are missing the whole point

1. Wanted is not at the top, no one can find it.
  2. You tell people to post in Wanted, They still can’t find it.
  3. I was just musing about how to improve it and so far 1 Broker doesn’t like it. (And 1 Trusted Hacker), does that mean you are speaking to all the people who paid money to get at the top of the Marketplace list?
  4. I have seen a few people say I posted in WANTED and nothing happened. Is that because no one looks in wanted because they forgot and should that mean they need a notification system?

Because there is Marketplace for this, and Wanted for those who can’t figure it out.

So WANTED’s real purpose is that?
I would still Sticky it. So at least you have a place to direct those kind of users.

As I said above: the landfill for lazy posts. Read the first post in Wanted and try to understand. Brokers can sift through it, if they wish, but no one should expect getting response after posting there.

I am not missing the point.

I am specifically commenting on your thought of “@ ing” all brokers/dealers who serve a brand when someone posts about one in the wanted section.

In just about every post I made above, I said I am only speaking for myself and my style. Others may and probably do feel differently and that is fine. Not trying to be the voice of the broker crew here. But, I wouldn’t want that. And, I never look there.

1. Fair-But, I think more searching could help.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 7.35.10 PM

1. See above

2. No-That is why I said I am speaking for myself a few times.

3. Absolutely not. I am sure some people look but not every request in the Wanted section is going to get a reply. Have you read some of these requests? They see one thread of a unicorn X4m for $484/month and create a post.

Maybe slightly off then.

These are the people who will go the ‘landfill’. So you really expect them to SEARCH?
I expect them to see the stickied post and go , hey I can post there and get all my answers.

I sent a guy to WANTED and then I couldn’t find WANTED in the marketplace at first, so I started this thread.

Ok so my musings are wrong, it appears the mods here don’t want it to be that kind of thread. But at least make it easy for the lazy to dump in there right?

Even if it was easy to find and new people did post there they would end up making their own post somewhere else or spamming broker threads within an hour when someone didn’t reach out and offer a unicorn deal.

Unfortunately, there’s just nothing you can do for some of these folks who are lazy. i.e. The guy who posted In every BMW broker thread last night asking for them to contact him.

1 Like

Read my 10% post, or if everyone is that lazy then dont even bother making wanted and just ignore all

1 Like

Having been on the forum for a little over 1 year, I have never considered posting a deal request in the WANTED ads section. Here is why:

1. I can easily reach out to a broker after scoping out their deal sheet in the Marketplace. Most brokers make it easy for members to contact them.
  2. If I choose to work on a deal on my own, I can always post in the “Ask the Hackrs” section for a deal review.
  3. The “Private Transfers” section is another avenue for someone looking to snag a deal without having to do much work.
  4. The “Shared Deals” section can be used as a reference point when working on your own deal.
  5. If I do not want to do the legwork on a deal, I can refer to point 1 and reach out to a broker in my area.

My point is that there are a ton of resources available to members at no cost. It is all up to a prospective buyer to figure out what option works best for them.

4 Likes

Yes, the wanted ads thread is a nicer and friendlier way of ignoring/deleting.

The posts that get created in there, or dumped in there by trusteds, are requests for others to do the work for them…the only people here getting paid to do work for others are brokers. If brokers want to comb through them and solicit, that’s up to them.

I highly doubt that any wanted ad post has ever resulted in a great lease deal, and the posts in that thread certainly serve no value to the community or others.

1 Like

There is already an inordinate amount of people who join the forum looking to be spoon fed because LH definitely makes it look easy. I see no reason why WANTED shouldn’t exist and there is nothing wrong with sending those types of posts there. It exists for a reason.

1 Like