Should you shop for a $1000+ car payment right now?

I’m on the verge of signing one right now- I run a business with my family and we are making 7 figures after taxes per year and have been doing so for quite a while, so we are certainly financially secure. My previous leases are close to expiring so I’m looking for another one to sign. We like luxury cars, but we stay around the $100k MSRP price point because we feel like we get enough car for what we want. As for trying to save a 30 or 40 bucks a month on a lease, it’s a fun game to play and why not save a little wherever you can. I still go for joy rides with my buddies pretty often these days, we just stay in our own cars though, still a load of fun

2 Likes

If I was making 7 figures a year I would have an m5 + an exotic on the side like a 570,huracan, etc etc. $1500 all in for the m5 + circa 3k all in for an exotic. Assuming you don’t have a $20-30k mortgage you should be fine. Also assuming one would be a car enthuasist.

If the 720s would have leased well I would have taken a shot at hacking one for my dad versus him buying one, instead when they first came out I got offers of $5-6k + 25k das for 48 month/5k terms. :expressionless:

1 Like

Did you read the bottom part or search through for greater experience levels?

Average total pay for mechanicals at Google, after bonuses is listed at $131k. Note that for the 1-3 year, it’s even less.

Neither of those numbers are anywhere near $200k.

Also, $120k in Palo Alto doesn’t exactly give you much to live on if you don’t want to live at home or with 5 roommates.

2 Likes

Dude he’s already capitulated that you have to add $120k to the E1 Delta Gamma Kappa Phi Epsilon Decepticon salary time get to 200.

Fiuhhghedaboudit

5 Likes

Figured I’d jump in since I had one of the infamous posts and share my thought processes. Being said I haven’t pulled the trigger because it is impossible to really know how this will all play out. My brain below.

1. Have a well paying job and stability In the company that is poised to do well during and after CV-19.
    2.salary, bonus structure, no debt other than monthly’s and low mortgage along other factors allows for my mind to wander here.
  2. Bored and checking things out
  3. Prefer to unload an outgoing model before value gets worse and get the most equity possible. TBD if it’s higher now or later given events.
  4. Wondering what this will all do to prices and deals-only way to find out is to ask and compare-see if something blows you out of the water.

I think to many points already mentioned it’s a scary thought to do something like this if things end up to be worst case scenario, No matter what a persons situation is, but I don’t think it precludes anyone from getting in the weeds and see how it all plays out if you are able to get it done comfortably.

59 posts were merged into an existing topic: Outsource Your Childcare to Marry Poppins :baby_symbol:

Say you have a few million net worth and good cash flow. Talking about money not tied up in a business. Does it really matter if you have $10.01M or $9.99M at the end of the year? It’s a rounding error.

What matters more is perception. I know a few people who drive cheaper cars but secretly have a Lamborghini. They don’t want every second person asking them for a loan, get into business etc. and usually those people will spend much more on vacations, education, help etc than cars.

I spoke with a private banker once. What is the biggest holding of HMW individuals. Treasury bonds. Those people take risks in business. What they earned they want to keep safe. So those folks can spend their set lifestyle in good times and bad.

But clothing doesn’t.

1 Like

The good old standby mode.

No idea why that is a thing.

1 Like

This right here, WTF?

1 Like

I wish… I actually finally did get signed as an E-sport analyst, our contract includes an option for a Las Vegas team house, but irl job ties me down. I will be perusing any E-sports offers, and I already got a verbal, let’s talk out an offer from a local but very well performing E-sport college.

That’s awesome! Congratulations.

I remember hearing about a bunch of colleges investing heavily in building teams, so I could only assume that R6, CS, and LoL would be top priority.

All are on the back burner, Valorrant is the hawt thing right now but very overhyped. CS is only hardcores and tryhards, League is toxic af, Rainbow is being killed by Developer (Don’t ask it’s messier than a barnyard massacre), and I’ve put on over 100 hours since this quarantine started, nothing to do except play, eat, sleep, and cry over what’s to come.

Valorant is really hot for sure. I think a really good professional scene will keep it going. Riot knows how to do it.

I thought I saw something about reorganization of R6. Hopefully everything gets figured out.

I’ll pm you the story. I personally know 2 people involved in this mess, or ex teammates.

WebcAm girls been laid off completely since ph premium is free

2 Likes

Poll is now closed:

With 35% the winner is “WTF are you thinking?”

2 Likes

Too low for LH lol

1 Like

Wishful thinking about car prices going up…

What makes you say they are going to go down.

I’m almost sure used car prices are going to tank.

New car, is a completely different story. There is no inventory… dealers and manufacturers aren’t going to give cars away that they don’t have. This isn’t '08 where production kept on going, production has pretty much stopped across the board

1 Like