Should Trusted Hackrs continue to have the privilege of editing member posts?

That’s not the immediate prior post though.

Your post immediately preceded my post. What am I missing?

If you quote the last post in its entirety, and your post is next, the system wipes your quote.

Cause it’s already there.

@anon92897398 is right. The forum tries to prevent clutter as there’s no reason to fully quote from the comment immediately previous. Any edits to the post above yours is visible via the little orange pencil icon, hence no need to fully copy what was already written.

1 Like

Whoops… apparently you’re right.

I am glad someone brought this topic back up. A person with the ability closed the last one when I believe it should have been open so that @michael could publicly clarify @Siejammy’s question (which made sense to ask and was an inquiry I had as well regarding clarification).

It was an excellent example of the subject at hand - an individual, with the ability to close it, did when I (and potentially others) still was/were hoping to find an answer.

Yes, and I think we all know who that person was that closed it prematurely.

I do fee that sometimes topics which stray a little from their first post get tossed pretty fast. It isn’t something that keeps me awake, but as mentioned above, I do feel that the de-cluttering is done maybe a skosh more aggressively than I would.

But, for how much I pay for this membership, I’m pretty satisfied.

The amount of drama over an online forum title is crazy. Some of y’all take this way too seriously imo. If you can’t handle someone else’s posts, ignore it and move on

4 Likes

I agree… you have a good sense of humor, too!

1 Like

Editing someone else’s posts is a serious matter in the eyes of many.

Assuming Trusted Hackrs are effectively moderators, which they seem to be, I think the better question to ask is when should a moderator edit a post, not if. This forum gets a huge amount of spam/repetitive/random posts so the idea that the most active users can’t edit/move/delete posts doesn’t make sense. It would probably also help if you provided an example of what you’re talking about and explain why you don’t feel it was right for it to have been edited.

1 Like

According to @michael (see my post above), they’re not moderators…

Trusted Hackrs are not considered admin or moderators by the forum system, but rather are regular users designated as “Trust Level 4”.

Regardless of a post’s content, I don’t believe a post should ever be edited or altered. There are other ways of handling it.

it’s semantics, if they have elevated privileges they are effectively moderators. We’re 35 posts into this thread and I haven’t seen any example of why a post shouldn’t be edited by a moderator in certain circumstances.

1 Like

Wait a while… this thread is still young. Doesn’t your innards tell you that it’s just plain wrong?

Here is a good example that apparently ticked him off. I removed him calling me “troll”, but let everything else stay rather than moving the whole post to the landfill. You can’t please this guy :grin:
https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/2019-jeep-cherokee-high-altitude-awd-deal-advice-questions/94266/18?u=ursus

So he comes back and edits it again…

2 Likes

Professor Delta… I don’t think anyone cares nearly as much as you about our 1st amendment rights here on LeaseHackr. If everyone just played a little nicer, this wouldn’t even be an issue.

Not saying you’re wrong in principle, but this whole post is just too much already. We need a break from drama infused threads about internal rules and politics.

11 Likes

Amen… thank you

1 Like

Real Housewives of Leasehackr :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

10 Likes