Should I take my leased X3M40xi's $10k over buyout to finance a 2019 Golf R?

Kudos. :clap: That’s the best way to compare those choices

3 Likes

Some people here talking about an x3 m40 like it’s a boat. Ya the golf is a little slimmer and more nimble but the x3 is pretty sporty for a little suv.

2 Likes

I can definitely attest to the X3 M40i being quite nimble and responsive in the twisties.

3 Likes

No, he has the option to monetize a leased X3 for +$10K equity, which I think is a no-brainer.

The best new car to finance using all or some of that equity becomes a wholly separate question.

The OP’s binary framing against an overpriced 2019 R makes no sense.

3 Likes

Well, yes. But I was just framing based on the presented options.

And, I guess, technically, we could say it is an x3m40 for $39k vs a 2-yr-older Golf for $35k (since we get the $10k equity). Still no contest, IMHO.

And, really, vs any other option, a $39k purchase of a '21 x3m40 with 15k miles seems a helluva good buy.

2 Likes

Are you in SoCal and would you consider a new design WRX?

1 Like

Is the golf r one of those exclusive colors? Why is it priced that high? Your better off getting s3 for the same money, essentially identical car.

1 Like

I think you mean S3, not RS3.

1 Like

The m40 is so much fun to drive, better than Macan S imho, I would pick it over the VW on any day of the week but these are completely different cars. I would still take the 10K equity like tomorrow

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.