Should I purchase BMW 428 at the end of lease

I leased a 2016 428 Gran Coupe in Fall 2015 I traded a car in that I just purchased a year earlier and they rolled that price in also, Total Price $61,000, Nothing down, no maintenance cost, loaded to the hilt, 15 K mileage a year. The only problem is that since the residual value is low $31K and I didn’t do any research, I have a pretty large lease payment. I wonder since I am eating my mistake should I go ahead and buy the car at the end of the lease. It’s a great looking car and I have no complaints. For what a lease payment would be on another car I don’t think I could get one this nice vs my car payment on $31,000. I also considered leasing another BMW and negotiating this time. I’d like to keep my payments around $500 a month which is about the cost of financing the $31,000 residual value.

If you like the car, you should do what you think is right for you. I see a lot of posts on here where people have their minds already made up but want someone to help validate whatever choice they already came up with.

Here is my thinking on it: I don’t know your terms, but assuming you did a 36 month lease and close to using your 15K mile allocation you’ll be near 45K miles, and soon coming off your pre-paid maintenance. BMW maintenance can be costly. I’m assuming you’d need a large down payment or a 60 or 72 month term to get the $31K buy out to come to your target price. I think you could probably get BMW CPO gran coupes for a better value. Here is one that looks fairly well appointed and it only has 8K miles on it http://cpo.bmwusa.com/used/2015-BMW-428i-xdrive-WBA4A7C5XFD414982?zip=44107 asking for a few thousand more than your buy out.