Should I get the 2nd Mach-E?

I said earlier in the thread the calculation was for a BMW i3. I’ve owned 3 of them with around 60k miles & avg 4.2 to 4.4 miles per kWh.
The analysis was NOT for a Mach-e GTPE. That analysis would NOT use a ICE with 30 MPG as a comparison. (Maybe a Porsche Cayenne with 20MPG?) But I’ve been getting 3.1 miles/kWh over the 1,450 miles I’ve put on my GTPE.

Also pls note this is charging during the MOST expensive time of day!!!

To answer an un-asked question, one would have to get 2.531 miles/kWh to equal a ICE car that gets 30 MPG. (based on the above given cost).

Which isn’t impossible, the bmw i4 gets well above 3 miles per kWh at highway speeds.

Even the m50 with the 90kwh battery got 268 miles on the Edmunds real world range test (which beats the epa rating, something the teslas tested haven’t done).

I don’t think the second Mach-E makes a sense for you. Too much risk.
On my Select, I get 3-4mi/kWh incl. air conditioning in hot AZ. You must be driving it like a GT :wink:

So cal Edison off peak is like 26c per kw/hr

I mean. In theory pge ev plan off peak is 24c. But it more than doubles the regular home usage making it almost pointless

Depends on the % of EV kWh usage vs total home kWh usage. In my case my estimated EV usage was 40% of my total electricity bull, so it was a no-brainer!
(But because I over think things I have a MASSIVE spreadsheet confirming things! lol)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.