“Should I buy out my lease?” super-thread

Very low - 13,200!

Extend it and get another after all the value has run out because Pricing will hopefully go down.

Asked about that - it seems I can only get 2-months of an extension which doesn’t seem much.

Seems your alluding to leasing another vs buying this out. Correct?

BMWs are best low miles. Instead of making $1000 selling now, run that thing into the ground , get your MSD back and lease another. Are you in CA? You can ‘reserve another car’ to get 6 months and cancel the reservation with no recourse

So you’re saying keep this car ( buy it out) AND lease another? Lol!

No, extend it a few months and put more miles on it. Sell / Return it and lease another when pricing is more attractive than right now.

Hm… But 2-months doesn’t seem like a large enough time gap to see more attractive pricing no?

I believe 2-months is the max time I can extend the lease.

Ask again, they have a 6 month extension if you put a deposit on another car. Check if your deposits are refundable in your state.

Right now a new 330i is 5XX + $3000 Down, wait until it’s better than this.

1 Like

Well… this lease was 0 down + refundable MSD’s and only first month at signing back in 2020 when I got it. Really was an incredible deal.

That being said, seems I won’t get pricing / an offer remotely close to that right now.

Ignore that guy. He’s the most frequently wrong guy on this forum. Putting on more miles than you need to before a lease return is just wasting gas.

It doesn’t change any of your sunk costs.

Your super low usage doesn’t make you a great candidate to lease again, especially at today’s pricing.

4 Likes

Appreciate all feedback.

This being said - have a suggestion?

Hello hackrs, needs your advice, I have 5month left on my 2020 X5m50 with very low payment, obviously for the price I got it for I can not get a car today, the car at the moment still have around 4-5k in equity accroding to manheium auto action, is it better to find some deal now since there some deals avilable (range $800 a month) and use that few grand toward new car or wait until summer loose that few thousands and hope that numbers will be better? Thank you

What’s your current payment and mileage?

32k. Great condition 91.5k msrp. $850

Ugh , with the miles so close I would say dump it but that payment is so good. The 4-5k you will get will basically offset the down on the next car but the payment will be approaching 1000, so a toss up IMHO

Thank you. I started looking already. I am very flexible on the car , demo, etc but I want it to be as fast as my M50 or close to it. Budget $800

You won’t find anything for $800 in that size/performance. I’d buy that car out if you like it (with an extended warranty) or use the equity for something that you can live with.

3 Likes

Hey Hackrs, here is my lease info (expiring end of month):

2019 BMW 330i with 15,000 miles
Payoff: $28,500. It would be ~$31k after sales tax and DMV fees.
Market Value: Trade in is roughly $27,000, private market around $30-32k

I was paying $360 month ($3800 down), but moving to a new lease for a similar car would take $5k down + $550 month. I’m leaning towards buying the car via a credit union loan and extending the warranty next year before it expires (unless I can sell it first). I also have the option to extend my lease up to 2 months and check the market in March or purchase it then.

What do you all think?

Since the payment is low and the equity isn’t there, just extend as far as you can. (You can request 6 months if you have a long delivery time BMW order in place)

Selling is not really an option with that little profit.

Same car & situation!! Lol.I just posted mine a few replies above.