Shortages Affecting Auto Production: Semiconductor, foam, etc

Add rubber to the list:

I’ll leave this :gem: right here

Carmakers including Ford Motor Co. and Stellantis NV, formerly known as Fiat Chrysler, say they’re monitoring the rubber situation

I might not have to even pay at this rate.

3 Likes

One should always monitor the rubber situation

6 Likes

That’s what she said.

4 Likes

Down goes Subaru

eh it won’t be missed.

3 Likes

Eventually they will bring back a WRX 5-dr, covered in plastic cladding, and I will get one. Until then I make lustful gazes at all the ones I see.

2 Likes

subaru is what volvo was 20 years ago. cult following of weirdos who hold onto their buckets of bolts until they crap out.

7 Likes

hey, how many other cars require you to carry a bottle of oil in the trunk at all times when the car is brand new? That’s some feature right there!

2 Likes

The only car I ever owned that was true for was my Saturn SL1. The Subies and Volvo (so far) have zero mechanical issues or special fluid needs (but I do know a 2014 Accord Sport that drinks oil like I drink Cold Brew).

Subaru shoppers have always been slide-rule/spreadsheet weirdos, and proud of it. Which is why FHI gets away with those basic interiors since breaking up with LL Bean.

1 Like

It’s not about anecdotal I had this one car that exploded whenever it turns left. It’s more about a widespread problem with some subaru engines where their solution was to just top off the oil between change intervals like it’s a normal thing.

Blue Oval has been forced to reduce or idle production of both its redesigned F-150 pickup and the popular Explorer due to the chip shortage. The Mustang, Transit, Edge, Lincoln Nautilus and Aviator will also continue to be affected.

And…

“Due to the unprecedented global microchip shortage, Jefferson North will adjust its production schedule through the end of May.”

Jefferson North employs about 4,800 hourly workers and makes the Jeep Grand Cherokee, the top-selling Jeep model last year, and the Dodge Durango SUV. A redesigned version of the Grand Cherokee is scheduled to start production in August

1 Like

+JLR

The Castle Bromwich factory makes the Jaguar XE, XF and F-Type models, and employs about 1,900 people. Halewood makes the Range Rover, Evoque and the Land Rover Discovery Sport, and has about 4,000 workers.

1 Like

from Imgflip Meme Generator

6 Likes

The proverb this year is “Sell in April and go away”…at least w cars.

4 Likes

Lease in April, or not until 2022

7 Likes

I moved on my XC90 a couple weeks ago since it didn’t look like things would get any better by June when I would actually need the second car happy I did.

As an aside, thanks for noting the Allstate Bonus drive on your deals. I never would have remembered it otherwise.

1 Like

Massaging seats now dropped from the X5MC executive package and not even available as a stand alone for the US market. Guessing it’s getting worse if they’re starting to pull options from the lowest volume highest MSRP units at this point.

There are now delays on X5s with M sport, FYI.

Lots of build weeks are getting pushed back 4-5 weeks, too.

2 Likes

If Jon Shafer over at Bimmerfest is to be believed, it’s potentially more than just a delay. Apparently:

“For the remainder of MY21, ZMP will not be available for the X5, X6 and X7. Supposedly will be back starting MY22 but not sure they know for sure.”

1 Like