Shortages Affecting Auto Production: Semiconductor, foam, etc

Shorter wait times than their main competitors though.

1 Like

Won’t matter when they get to port, It will be 3 months or more before docked in LA.
Plus instead of paying 8 grand to get it here you will be at 20K plus. Really need companies to bring manufacturing back to the states.

BMW manufactures their X line here in Spartanburg, SC, so it really one depends on the model you order

2 Likes

How is BMW docking in LA??? Should they be docking Eastern seaboard?

3 Likes

Remember less features means less things to break.

Ultimate RELIABLE Driving Machine

/s

1 Like

We import (Not from China) but at this time you have to get creative, Find routes with spots,
We tried from Germany to eastern then by train to CA.I’m sure you seen those images of LA with boxes all over the train tracks. Well our last container was broken into while in custody of BNSF, 2 weeks later still no reply from them. This container left Germany in Dec and we got it 2 weeks ago. Some cargo lines thought, Oh lets drop items off in Mexico and while we
run a ship between that port and LA. That way the ship can get back to its port and start over. Well that failed, Stuff sat for 3 months. Then your container arrives in port and now the truckers stick it to you by charging 2 grand to take your container 90 miles. There is going to be a massive amount of excess items coming soon.Retail chains did SO good with covid they doubled down and bought more, Looking at Amazon’s Q1 you can see people are not shopping as much, Going to be some nice fire sales at some point.

3 Likes

Slickdeals.net

https://www-wsj-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/surge-in-imports-widens-u-s-trade-deficit-to-109-8-billion-record-11651669130

Bringing back manufacturing to America is wishful thinking at this point

Toyota is cutting 40k cars from thier production
https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/toyota-slashes-production-plans

Looks like it’s getting worse before better

1 Like

7 Likes

You can afford rice?!

2 Likes

The ketchup costs more I bet.

2 Likes

That’s from my pre y2k strategic food reserve :slight_smile:
But seriously things are bad for the average consumer.

2 Likes

Wish cars were in that category…

2 Likes

Give it a year or so. Those subprime repos will fulfill your wish

1 Like

Wait a year. We are headed into a global recession.

1 Like

I still hit target :man_shrugging:

1 Like

So unlike Zerohedge to reaffirm their diagnosis of histrionic.

Sales numbers were bad for those that reported: not everyone reported, it’s not like they were that bad and dealers are also sitting on 2019 levels of inventory.

Remember when this thread started and people thought the shortages were made up and would be over in a month?

1 Like

They were bad. Zerohedge is not wrong on this. I promise you, if you’re running on pure volume, you’re not doing great because there is no volume to sell. On the retail side, there’s demand destruction, and it will start to permeate to the corporate side, as well.

3 Likes