Short Term Car Subscription?

Anyone have any experience with a short term car subscription company?
Waiting on 4xe that I ordered.
Selling my X6 off lease to AutoNation this week.
BMW has already extended my lease 3 mths and won’t extend any longer since I’m not getting another car from them.
Need a 2nd car for a couple months.
Have yet to find one car subscription that operates in Illinois.

Rental car from one of the major agencies.

Have you looked into Sixt or Turo?

Monthly rentals are $2K+ per month plus in Chicago.

Sixt doesn’t offer their subscription in Chicago.

Not the easiest option but perhaps find a reasonably priced good condition used car and sell it in a few months. Probably would lose less than the cost of a subscription/rental/Turo and might be fun?

1 Like

Don’t really have the time to deal with either end of that process.
Seems like I’ll deal with 1 car and pray that I get the Jeep soon.

Thanks @Gearhead.
Will check this out.

2 Likes

For $900 + tax, I’d probably just give the 1 car a try and use Uber/Lyft when necessary. Unlikely you’d hit $1k in the latter but really depends on where you live.

crazy expensive car rental prices!

Borrowing my old man’s 20 yr old Benz that collects dust in the garage.
Will deal with the lack of tech and terrible suspension/brakes for a couple of months.
Not paying over $1K/mth to rent a Ford Focus.

You can also get a production number from the BMW dealership and extend the lease for 3 more months. Be straight up with the salesperson, explain your situation, and they might give you a random production number. Plenty of people have done it.

Do everyone a favor and fix the brakes.

4 Likes

Use some CDPs.

Then turo something nicer, 1185 incl insurance and fees, for one month for a 2017 Lincoln MKZ.

The sales manager at a BMW dealer might be nice and do this for you, you’ll never hear from them again, and they’ll just sell that car as is to someone else.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.