Selling used car problems

Is there a straight panel on that car?

5 Likes

Hope they got lease wear and tear protection.

2 Likes

Roof and hood should be fine :wink:

She already does for other reasons, but putting that aside… she would’ve gotten a new car sooner or later and will probably buyout the lease

I mean I guess you’re right. I had a broker who was gonna sell it for her and claimed he would get around that amount, but didn’t work out since he doesn’t operate in this area. So I figured I’ll try myself

They only offer dealer listings now

Again, bad idea to lease a car you intended to buy (one or two exceptions in the last 10 years aside).

2 Likes

$500 trade in value 100%

2 Likes

Agreed: $500 push/pull/tow your trade :hugs:

Someone whose work truck broke down might go $1000/$1200, maybe (unlikely) $1500?

Even “$2k negotiable” is better than $3k, unless there is an ounce of gold in the ashtray that’s also included.

I hope you didn’t sell it for 12k.

I like “some cosmetic issues”

Like another poster said, there is damage on almost every panel. It is not worth 3k

1 Like

It is my friends car, but no he did not sell it. I know his mechanic has a standing offer of 12k for it for a few years now, so I wanted to see how much Vroom would give him in this hot market.

Lol wow, ‘some cosmetic issues’ is a very generous description.

5 Likes

But technically correct, which is the best kind of correct! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Drop it into the 2’s and try a few other outlets like auto trader or eBay

1 Like

Generous with a capital “G”. That van is wrecked, as far as the exterior goes.

Price is way too high, that is the problem. It books for around $3,800 in FAIR condition… which it obviously does not qualify for. I don’t even foresee this selling for $2k. Dealers aren’t going to want it either, minimal trade if at all. I’d say they’ll offer about $500 and auction or junk it.

Wow on the condition :slight_smile: Even mom and pop dealers won’t want it because it will look horrible in the lot. College kids buy beaters but not gas guzzling vans. Can’t be used for work because it doesn’t have a bed. Leaving you families with low means which your price is too expensive.

1 Like

True, but one can cover a lot of hurt with a wrap.

2 Likes

Holding back on us I see, when are you going to update the What’s in the Garage thread?

I would not bother with trade you will get almost nothing. It is salvage value to dealer.

I have 3 older high mileage cars I have sold in <1 week on autotrader. Each one sold for $1500-2000 more than the carmax offer. Be realistic in pricing, tout “reliability” and take good photos.

Craigslist is almost all scammers now would not even bother.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

why would her mother hate her. I know im late to the party but if im reading this correctly the mother made out with a brand new honda odyssey full covered bumper to bumber warranty. instead of a 15 year old minivan thats played a little bumper cars. Not like the minivan was going to payoff a year worth of payments. Did this sell. 215k miles honda $1850 it wouldnt last.