Selling to VROOM Title Question

Hi Hackrs,
I am trying sell my leased car to VROOM, but I don’t understand how the title is handled in this process.
So far after some research, it is like this:
VROOM picks up the car, VROOM buys out my lease, VROOM sends me a check for the difference, VROOM receives the title after the payoff. Correct?
I called VROOM earlier today the agent said that I need to get the title beforehand and FedEx it to VROOM when I received the FedEx instruction. I was so confused. And I called the licensing office they confirmed that I cannot obtain a copy of the title until the car is paid off.

Can anyone who sold one to VROOM help explain how the process works? VROOM is very chaotic on instructions. Shift is much more clear on how to sell leased vehicles but unfortunately they are doing some bs and lowered my quote over the phone.

Thank you!!

Dark Souls? :grin:

I sold a paid off car, and now a leased car to Carvana/Vroom respectively. If it is a car that cannot be bought out by a 3rd party dealer you will need to purchase the car yourself then sell to vroom, if taxation allows a profit (Audi, USBANK, etc).

Vroom sends payoff → Finance company — Finance Company sends title → Vroom/Vroom’s floor plan company — Vroom sends check → you ---- you send car to — > Vroom

For purchase maybe, then again half of the time level one CS is just minimum wage people told to read a script.

1 Like

What vehicle are you selling.

Cool Thank you! That explains a lot!
Yeah my finance company should allow 3rd party to buy out. It’s honda and they have the payout amount on the website directly. I didn’t believe the CS ppl they are terrible just added more confusion. Shift.com was crystal clear about what to do and what to expect. However VROOM pays more :slight_smile:

I am selling a Civic Si Coupe with 13k miles, 10 payments left, payoff is 16k and appraisal is 20k. It’s like driving this car for 2 years for $100 / month.