Selling to a 3rd Party used car dealer with KBB instant offer

Hi all, looking for a bit of advice. Have a 2019 rav4 xle With 19.8k miles. Pay off is $19400. Checked online with the usuals and highest were KBB 30.8k and carmax 30.5k

Went yesterday to a KBB dealer and they told me they go by carfax price which was 26k (which it is) but since it was so “clean” he talked to his manager and got him to commit to 29k. I did not take offer

Going to a used car dealer today who confirmed if car matches description from site they would offer the full KBB price. On the fence since they are a used car dealer so not sure how sketchy place is. Is there anything I should make sure to get if we agree on price to make sure I don’t get screwed over?

If they tell me something else I’ll stop at carmax tomorrow as I’ve read they give you equity check on the spot in some posts here.

For $300 I would go to Carmax. Their checks don’t bounce.

7 Likes

Yea this seems like a lot of hassle just to eek out another $300. I’d do Carmax and call it a day.

2 Likes

Haha I was thinking the same, I think the idea of finally getting a small victory out of lease has mad me greedy. Have a wedding coming up next year and every drop helps. But for 300 it might not be worth the hassle of hoping I don’t hear from TFS

If you’re going to the Carmax in central NJ then also check out Carshop not too far away.

I’m going to the new one the opener in north NJ. Also offer is for 30.4K lol

But kind of in a do or die as car I placed deposit for that was due to arrive august 1. Arrived late yesterday and they are doing PDI now. So need to get rid of it sooner than anticipated

The new one in Edison? Yeah that’s the one I meant. Carshop is not far from there.

No they opened up one in Wayne. Built it pretty quick

If your car was leased by TFS I highly doubt Carmax will buy it.

Carmax is ok with TFS, it’s SE-TFS they don’t like.

1 Like

Correct. Just an update. Carmax honored the 30.4K offer after inspection. Only part is I went after work and did not realize the TFS changed hours to m-f 8a-5p instead of until 8pm. So going back Monday to finalize. They said offer is good for 7 days and no need to reinspect. All in all smooth process and would be over if I wasn’t and idiot.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.