Selling old lease question

Hi guys,

At the end of my current lease 2021 MazdaCX5 Carbon edition. Looking to get into a 3 row SUV and have test driven the Palisade, Telluride and Sorento. Liked all 3 but considering the Sorento because it’s a little cheaper and little shorter since I won’t need the 3rd all the time.

I have a little over two weeks until current lease is up. Planned on selling it to Carmax or Carvana. Forgot if I still need Mazda to inspect the vehicle before I sell it to one of these companies??

Thanks,

Joe

Specify your location when asking for input on a deal! Tagging by state (e.g. CA, NJ, NY, usa-nationwide) is mandatory.

Please tag if your question involves a specialized topic (e.g. tax, insurance, legal, shipping, 3rd-party-buyout, lease-end-purchase, lease-transfer, etc.). You will reach experts faster that way. View all tags at FORUM | LEASEHACKR.

If you asked for a deal check, circle back after you have signed a deal – the community always loves to hear back! Submit your deal to SIGNED! (https://share.leasehackr.com).

No, the lease end inspection is only required if you turn the vehicle back in to Mazda.

Ok I figured. Thanks a lot!

Joe

There are way more two bids that you can easily get online.

And then see if the selling dealer of your next car can match the highest bid for any sales tax savings.

Sorry not sure what you mean?
I know vroom also. Are there other good ones? Not sure what you mean for the sales tax part.

2 Likes

That’s good to know. I forget from the last sale if you need the title present or if gets sent to them?

You won’t be expected to have title to a leased car.

Also if you have an option to get the car inspected, I suggest getting it done as it’s free to you and in case your car won’t have equity and CarMax or any other buyer won’t pay you more than the payoff you can always return the car to Mazda.

Also, such reports help other buyers make an exact quote for the car without seeing it in person as the report is prepared by a 3rd party.

Ok thanks!

Last time I did it I put in the specs and the condition and the guy who picked it up didn’t even look at the vehicle. Then eventually they cut the check for the agreed up amount on their website. Do the other companies work differently than this? I have only done it once before with vroom.

You are correct about it for most part if the car is in good shape with no damage.

Also if you want to squeeze out the last penny of the equity, Vroom or other big box guys are not going to get you the most for the car.

I can usually beat all the offers from any of the sites, feel free to reach out to me after you have an offer and I will run the numbers and let you know how much I can beat your offer by. Its not always the case but I can usually beat it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.