Selling Cars for a Living

I just resigned my software engineer job today and sent in my application to the local CJDR dealer lol :slight_smile:
speaking of which, why is Chrysler financial running the subprime promo?

LOL! Again, Exception not the rule…

By the way, I’m looking for a person who is versed in JAVAScript for my start up… (Seriously)

I thought we weren’t allowed to talk about that since it means women on the internet get disrespected or something. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

lol!! That guy was an idiot and to go on TV and try to justify himself made it worse.

For that I would refer you to the one and only @michael and @littleviolette They have done such a great job with this site that I am sure one day one of the manufacturers will buy it out just to shut it down :slight_smile:

They blow even more on BMW, MB, Maserati, Audi and such :slight_smile:

it depends on the store, because if you shoot for gross on sales (which we all do) then it’s worth it. i learned there’s no money in chevrolet’s front end so i start dumping and moving.

So true… I sold Bimmers out of Sterling… Crazy money…

Come to Bergen County, NJ lol. Same deal.

Seems neither of them are versed in Java Script. Any other suggestions. I am looking to contract them for this project…

What are you trying to do and does it need to be js?

What did I miss?

p.s. Sent you PM, missed your question yesterday. And yes - why JavaScript?

Because he is a car dealer and Javascript sounds like a cool tech …

But if he pays 200k I couldn’t care less if he wanted it in COBOL

2 Likes

I’ll do it for $175K using Pascal.

LOL. Forgive my ignorance. I have business acumen, not IT. I was directed to JS, so I figured I would explore help here first.

Thanks anyway.

Quite a lot of S/W engineers here with different skills. So now you need to send out a RFP and review the response :grin:

No problems @CDJRElliot. For today only I can give you a good deal on JS that you want. What is it gonna take to get you in a new JS today? And what was your payment you were looking for, I can speak to my manager and make it happen on this JS…

1 Like

For $500 more I think you should offer him the extended Java warranty. You know how those coding languages are, always prone to system errors and what not. You don’t want to get stuck with a bill for debugging do you?

1 Like

Haha, they’re giving you a hard time (programming languages are often interchangeable and almost always a religious argument).

It’s been mentioned here but 80/20 or pareto is really common in sales teams (eg 20% of the people do 80% of the deals) - https://hbr.org/2016/02/hiring-star-salespeople-isnt-the-best-way-to-grow

I’ve been in sales (software) for awhile and love it, although I think it’s a lot easier to sell software than cars =)

With a young Gale Boetticher (Breaking Bad dans know who that is).