Second Bolt EV Premier Hack in Texas, $5282.69 one pay, $2782.69 after TX rebate

Appreciate the info. Definitely not trying to flip the bolt but since supplier pricing is under my wife’s name she’s considering co-signing for an in-law. I was told with supplier, the person who has the code has to be primary lessor when dealer does paperwork and in that case the Texas rebate application would have to be under her name.

Awesome, thanks! Have you received any of them yet? I called and asked what the expected timeframe is and they said 4-5 weeks but hopefully they send them out sooner

Anyone still looking for Bolt deals this month, the residual dropped 3% so the deals aren’t as hot

1 Like

That is not complete true for the TX rebate. The rebate can be under any name on the contract, regardless of the order. I signed a contract for my sister’s X3 PHEV as the primary in October.
My sister applied the TX rebate, and it was already approved. She is waiting for the check to come in.
BTW, this one is not included in the other three that were all under my name.

You will receive a 1099 for tax report purpose early next year. You have to put the rebate as an income when reporting federal tax. If your wife claimed the rebate, she will have to pay the federal income tax for this $2500.

Great, appreciate the info! I’ll just apply for the second one myself then since that’s the case. Also good to know about the rebate being taxable income, there’s no such thing as a free lunch I suppose!

How soon after applying did she get the approval?

After being notified with the approval, do they give a timeframe on when the check would get mailed out?

Thanks!

My sister’s application was received on Oct. 14th and approved on Oct. 16th.
She has not received the check yet.
By the way, you have to call or email to require the case status.

Never leased a vehicle before, but this deal is very enticing. I’m in Houston, how do I go about approaching a dealer?

FYI without lease conquest or GM loyalty you’re looking at +$1,500 on the best deals quoted here.

If the RV has dropped 3% that’s another +$1,200-1,500 depending on MSRP.

2 Likes

What about Costco - can I include that?

Costco is already included in the best deals you’re seeing here.

1 Like

how much is the texas rebate the site says 2000 but i see that its posted here as 2500!.. do we need to apply for TIN ??

Page 3 - https://www.tceq.texas.gov/assets/public/implementation/air/terp/LDPLIP/FY20_LDPLIP_Application_Form_Revised_FINAL_Approved.pdf

$2500.

Trying to find this information online but I was unable to. in regards to TX state rebate for EV/PHEV, if there are two owners on the lease form, do I need to put BOTH names on State Rebate form? seems like the forms are mostly set-up for one owner name. Does anyone know about this?

It shows on their main website, you can put any name that is listed on the contract and whomever is on this grant will have to pay taxes on it.

FORM 1 – APPLICATION, CONTRACT, AND PAYMENT APPROVAL
Section 1 – Applicant Legal Name (PERFORMING PARTY)
The legal name of the grant applicant should be the name of the
person/entity applying for a grant and should match the driver’s license and
vehicle title and purchase or lease agreement. The name that appears in
Section 1 will be used for contracting purposes.

Section 1 – Buyer/Lessee Information
The legal name of the grant applicant should be the name of the
person/entity applying for a grant and should match driver’s license and
vehicle title. The name that appears in Section 1 will be used for contracting
purposes

1 Like

You only need to put one name.

1 Like

Thank you, both.

dealer here quoted me $350 a month with 1500 drive off. LoL

What is the dealer discount? What is your term? How much is the incentives you qualified for? What is the money factor science you are not doing onepay?

I didn’t even get that far. I said I wanted to do a onepay and he said “The lease for the Bolt is already subvented from GM. I was told there is no single payment available for the bolt.” at that point I knew it was a nonstarter and didn’t really pursue it any further. This is all he said

36 month lease, 10,000 miles a year, $1500 drive-off,

354 a month on approved credit.

I’m in hawaii so my options are super limited.