Second Bolt EV Premier Hack in Texas, $5282.69 one pay, $2782.69 after TX rebate

Residual dropped 3%…

Sounds like we all are just going to make our target discount 3% more. I’m interested to know if Chevy will provide additional factory to dealer incentives to compensate. I think dealers were getting $2500 in support last month.

Is this deal still available… any dealer reference… i live in north Dallas, near McKinney Texas.??

“just”… Dealers’ goals are making money, not making deals…

Lets not be condescending here. There are many brokers on this site that make a great living “making deals” and I also included in my statement the possibility of factory to dealer incentives that we as consumers don’t have visibility in to. Until we see what types of deals are being posted based on November’s information lets not draw any conclusions.

Take a look at this one in north texas, 2020 Bolt EV 5284.95 in North TX

I believe that is an LT, not a Premier

And it is two days ago, still October program, I believe.

For those of you who leased these fabulous cars, you may want to get a footrest - dead pedal cover. About $20 shipped. I just ordered mine.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/591342491/dead-pedal-cover-for-chevy-bolt?ref=shop_home_active_1&crt=1

1 Like

Quick question for those in TX…

Can I apply for the $2,500 post sale rebate twice under the same name or is it a limit of one? I wasn’t able to get an answer off their info page.

Thanks!

Don’t quote me on this, but I searched for limit on their application and T&C and did not see anything that would limit the number of rebates one person can get.

I also think there is no limit on the number of rebates per person. However, you need to keep the lease in your name for 12 months. So not really flippable if that was a consideration.

I have done it three times, no issue at all.

I am trying to make one in Houston, willing to drive to DFW if i have to

Appreciate the info. Definitely not trying to flip the bolt but since supplier pricing is under my wife’s name she’s considering co-signing for an in-law. I was told with supplier, the person who has the code has to be primary lessor when dealer does paperwork and in that case the Texas rebate application would have to be under her name.

Awesome, thanks! Have you received any of them yet? I called and asked what the expected timeframe is and they said 4-5 weeks but hopefully they send them out sooner

Anyone still looking for Bolt deals this month, the residual dropped 3% so the deals aren’t as hot

1 Like

That is not complete true for the TX rebate. The rebate can be under any name on the contract, regardless of the order. I signed a contract for my sister’s X3 PHEV as the primary in October.
My sister applied the TX rebate, and it was already approved. She is waiting for the check to come in.
BTW, this one is not included in the other three that were all under my name.

You will receive a 1099 for tax report purpose early next year. You have to put the rebate as an income when reporting federal tax. If your wife claimed the rebate, she will have to pay the federal income tax for this $2500.

Great, appreciate the info! I’ll just apply for the second one myself then since that’s the case. Also good to know about the rebate being taxable income, there’s no such thing as a free lunch I suppose!

How soon after applying did she get the approval?

After being notified with the approval, do they give a timeframe on when the check would get mailed out?

Thanks!