Sealed a Lease Deal last night....need some advice

Lol still doesn’t make any sense to me. But anyway, we faced a simile problem when negotiating the final price. The dealer kept saying we put 2k down last time and showed us some print out that said we did when my father and I both vividly remember we didn’t put anything down except first month’s payment. Idk. In any case I think there might have been a little more wiggle room for this deal but overall I’m very happy with this deal.

It says in that box $3700 in rebates and non cash credits plus $340 for your first payment or a total of $4040.

That $3700 rebate seemed to cover the tax, reg, doc, application fees and the cap reduction totaling $5358.

Wow, I think my taxes will be slightly higher, but the best I’m getting here in DE right now is $399/mo for 12k miles. Funny because that same dealer on the same VIN quoted me $388 last month, and the MF went down and incentives increased this month. Guess they really don’t want to sell that car.

ohhhhh that makes so much more sense. Thanks for explaining it!

hmmm not too shabby of a deal then. thanks for explaining all the numbers. although i still feel like the dealers not doing me any favors by giving me rebates that i qualify for anyway. they just make it look like the customer is getting an amazing deal for no reason! lol.

Try to go in person in the evening and then try to negotiate their price by showing them my lease document! I’m sure you can get at least close to my monthly payment.

Those miles are cheap if you go over, only $0.15.

That’s pretty cheap for a lease. I’m thinking of getting one now and am pretty close to bridgewater. Super glad I found this deal. Thanks all

The more options you add, you might be better off in a QX60

you’re right. thanks for the tip.

Damn, my local dealers still don’t want to play. $438/ month for a 36/12 lease on the SV trim. My quotes keep getting worse the longer I work on this.

Dude that’s wayyyyy too high. You should print out my lease document and bring it with you and see if they’ll honor that…Or you can try the same dealer I tried…I don’t know how far Bridgewater, NJ is for you…it’s worth a shot.

That is way too high, but part of the problem is how taxes are calculated here so I think I still won’t be able to come close to what you got. I probably need to figure in around another $1000 at least for the tax difference.

I’m sure if I show them your sheet they’ll find a million reasons why their price is different.

This is too good not to share…I just had this conversation with one of my local dealerships. This was after 2 or 3 messages telling me that I would need to come in to discuss pricing and me insisting that I wouldn’t drive 45 minutes until they gave me info through email.

Them: We’re offering a $1,250 Nissan cash back rebate. Our dealership is currently offering $6,800 off the MSRP price of the 2018 Nissan Pathfinder. According to my research Nissan is offering $299 a month for a 36 month Lease not including any other discounts you may qualify for. There is $3,899 due at signing. However that number than certainly change depending on what deal you may agree on with our sales staff. Do you have a chance to stop by this week at our location to discuss leasing options?

Me: So does that $6800 off the MSRP include rebates, or do they stack over that?
I really don’t have the time to come in and work this out, I’d prefer to get some numbers set through email before I come in.

I have been doing my own research, and I’ve found the following info for a lease:

Nissan Customer Bonus Cash 1

• $1,250 Expire Date :10/31/18

NMAC Lease Cash 2

• $2,625 Expire Date :10/31/18
    …00003 MF and 51% residual

Them: The $6,800 off is with all the Dealership discount and with the Cash back rebate included. I can understand that you want a general idea of what the numbers look like before you stop in. I only invite you to stop by due to the fact we have a high amount of 2018’s remaining and you could use that leverage to your advantage in regards of getting the best possible finance deal available.

Me: Well, it’s about a 45 minute drive for me so thanks, but I’m not willing to do that without an idea of what to expect. Not trying to sound rude, but I really like transparency up front and there are enough other Nissan dealers within a 100 mile radius to just move on to the next one who will work through email.

Then they finally came back with this: I have spoken with one of my Sales managers and they informed me with no money down and with college grad rebate you will be between 500-600. In regards to the rebate have you graduated in the past 2 years?.

500-600 on a Pathfinder SV!!! $36,395 MSRP!

And my final response: Are you serious? I was quoted $388/mo from Porter Nissan on a higher MSRP ($37,015).

Is there a pile of gold buried in the cargo space at that price?

It sounds like they gave you the “Get lost” quote. They don’t want to do business with you because you’re not doing it on their terms. So they figured they’d offer you worst-case scenario on the small chance that you would accept it. I imagine they do this and people fall for it, otherwise they wouldn’t bother.

1 Like

That has to be it, I couldn’t see any other reason for that conversation to go that way. They obviously don’t want my business, or just think I’m an idiot who doesn’t know anything about cars.

They answered the first time that the $6,800 includes all rebates. So why did you ask that again?

I think OP just accidentally copied and pasted into the wrong position, both question and answer are the exact same.

Yeah, I did somehow copy and paste that same line twice. Fixed.