Scheduled Service on Fart Cars?

Leased a loaner 2019 MB C300 with 6,000 miles on it - after 1 week of ownership the dashboard says Service A due in 90 days.

The lease last 24 months - am I hooked to a service A and a service B ?

Yup

1 Like

yicks ! that stinks , would do bmw next time

Newer MB models only need to be serviced every 10,000 miles or annually. Service A is your oil and oil filter. If you choose to get the vehicle maintained at the dealer just request for the oil and oil filter, as Service A includes your basic items that you shouldn’t really worry about or pay for anyways. Service B is the same as Service A, but now includes your cabin filter and brake fluid replacement. I personally would not get the brake fluid replaced every 20,000 miles, that’s ridiculous. Unless you live somewhere where it would be important to have replaced. If I were you, over the course of the lease are 2 oil/oil filter changes, and 1 cabin filter. do these at a reputable independent shop that works on MB and save your receipts. Refer to your lease contract for maintenance requirements.

1 Like

You thought it didn’t require service?

1 Like

thanks - very valuable inputs - but not sure if I’d get into trouble for not having scheduled service done at Dealer.

this is my 3rd MB lease, on my 1st lease ( 3 years ) I followed everything the manual says : Premium Gas , maintenance ( A, B , A ) at Dealer , and even got a new tire from them.

2nd one ( also 3 years ) I started using regular gas , but still did service A and service B at dealer , and returned the car before it’s 3rd scheduled maintenance ‘s due.

Now, the 3rd one ; since this is a 2 year lease I would able to return it before the pricy service B kicks in was this a new car lease . ( Drive a year, do service A ; then return the car before Service B due ) but since it’s a loaner that went into service in April 2019, my lease starts on January 2020 with Service A due at April 2020 instead of January 2021, then Service B at April 2021.

They should have done service A before you got the car. All our loaner MBs had it done right after they transitioned out of service.

As an aside, I always use an Independent vs the dealer and never had a problem.

2 Likes

It’s against the law to force you to use the dealership. You can go anywhere to get the service done. Save your receipts as proof.

5 Likes

Just get the oil and cabin filter done at a Jiffy Lube type place with a coupon, use the appropriate oil and save the receipts.

1 Like

thanks , gonna use an independent shop for the oil change

next time leasing a loaner car i’ll make sure clarifying the service history with dealer before signing .

this time it’s an out of state deal i got from a dealer 200 miles away hence not gonna bother to ask them if an oil change can be done for free

thanks , good to know that there’s a law protecting us from the (st)dealers