Salespeople who seemingly don't want to sell

If you had to pick one… I would go for the GT3, but I can’t fit car seats in the back :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really really liked the taycan. Was looking for a family car anyway. It was a weekday afternoon and the place was dead so they were very accommodating.

4 Likes

Maybe the perks of being a broker? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t tell them I know How it works. I prefer acting like a sucker when doing test drives. Getting all excited like people that pay msrp gets you in the gt3 I guess

3 Likes

When I was shopping for my first new car eons ago, the sales guy didn’t come, it was like 5 degrees outside lol

1 Like

It’s an unprofessional and incompetent sales person, end of story. Don’t take it personal and move on to someone else or another dealership.

If you’re still feeling it, you can report to Volvo US. Dealership experience is crucial for luxury brands especially underdog like Volvo (well I still consider it an underdog). All the Volvo dealerships I’ve been to or purchased from were very chill and allowed me to test drive whatever, even better than some obnoxious bimmer or MB dealers.

5 Likes

Obviously, @Jrouleau426

1 Like

*ridiculous customer request removed - never know what can get around the internet :slight_smile:

5 Likes

you forgot the best one. "Would you give free oil changes for first year or 3 of ownership ? " :joy:

2 Likes

I saw it before you removed it, my sympathies. You helped me realize how much better it is to lease new.

2 Likes

I’ve tried as well getting into NY area dealerships and it feels like a museum,
Sales person playing email tag just to be able to get a quote and when I actually drove to a few dealerships most of them give anything but an answer.
To a few sales people I even showed a company advertisement which they didn’t even knew about, I had to fill in the gap on the packages that included in each model since they didn’t know or maybe felt unmotivated to have a conversation.
Maybe sticking to email negotiation is the way to go nowadays, interesting times.

I get that there is an :peach: for every seat, but are there possibly 2 different ones for a purple GT3 smuggling a park bench on its back?

1 Like

Thank goodness for edit history, that was the best part!

1 Like

Porsche has you covered (sorta):

https://www.autoweek.com/news/green-cars/a33861879/porsche-taycan-cross-turismo-delayed-report-says/

2 Likes

America has shifted from a manufacturing economy to a service economy. The public education system never evolved. So, you get this person. People who went to good schools rarely wind up in shoe leather sales, except of course for the brokers on LH :wink:

2 Likes

Psu smeal college business finance/int business undergrad
Jefferson medical pharmacy grad

Sells toyotas. :rofl:

Wouldn’t want it any other way either!

6 Likes

Exactly, and that’s why you’re respected here and I bet people would agree you add value–whether making a sale or not.

I am partially joking. I went to a “good” school and it was a completel and total waste of a quarter mil.

3 Likes

So your problem is that you are not worthy !

If I worked for that dealer I would have demanded that you leave immediately and then thrown eggs at you.

How dare you ! you Accord driver - you

So if you ever do something like this again, dress the part. Maybe your double breasted blue blazer with the anchor emblem and the gold buttons, The captains hat, and an ascot would show them are truly sophisticated you are.

2 Likes

As an Accord driver, the most logical vehicle on Earth, I am also outraged!

6 Likes

If the dealer thinks you’re worthy they go the extra mile, gotta get lucky too I guess.

I took the e55 to the dealer for new fuel tank under warranty + a few other things earlier this year way before the covid thing went down, saw they had a few new and used amg’s and asked the service advisor if he knew anyone in sales and he sent me towards his buddy.

He must have told his buddy about the modded e55 cause he bombarded me with questions about the car and then proceeded to let me test drive an amg gt63, a gt R and a used amg gt.

We end the test drive and I’m like ok Time for me to grab a loaner, he goes “why don’t you just take the used amg gt, I can’t give you the new one but I can convince the used car sm that you would like an extended test drive.”

So I got to take home an amg gt and returned it the next day.

How did you like it?

3 Likes