S90 T6 Momentum and Inscription help

New lurker-to-member here… apologies if this should be in another thread.

I’ve been trying to duplicate some of these s90 deals, clearly I’m missing something.

Aplan, top tier credit, SoCal.

This is for a T6 Inscription, 24 mo at 12k and 15k…pymt at very bottom of quote sheet:

And this is the T6 Momentum:

How do I get from here to 380-450/mo like I’m seeing?! I got approx 14% off msrp and Costco, yet payments are still outrageous??

Thanks all…

You need to get 10-11% off MSRP before any incentives and apply max MSDs.

your 14% included the incentives, but since you are at 15K miles, i think inscription is out of the question unless you want to pay a high drive off

Residuals are down from April. Incentives are down from April.

Thank you for the replies everyone. I am good paying max msd’s… when using the calculator 10 msd’s dropped the payment approximately $35 a month.

I know I need a more aggressive price discount, I just thought with this being my starting point ($8,000 off before A plan), I would at least be closer to my goal payment, not 800 to 900 a month!

Based off this post https://imgur.com/a/B3drl I’m confused how people are getting 60 and 61% residual for 12,000 and 15,000 mile leases as recently as last month.

I had another dealer knock about 5K further off the price, but I’m still at 590/mo.

The residuals dropped 3-4% in May from April, as well as incentives changing for the worse in many markets.

For reference, most of the good deals on $60ish k msrp s90s were at about $16-17k off MSRP after all discounts and rebates so between your lower discount and lower residuals, you’re having to cover about $5k more over 2 years.

1 Like

As stated by @Bruce_Smith earlier, RV went down in May.

1 Like

Makes sense… based on this RV link I posted above Dec 17 RV the RV must have increased in April from a few months prior, which seemed opposite what I’ve read regarding S90 deals progressively getting worse.

So if RV was higher in April vs Dec/Jan, curious to see what happens to it this month. Probably a slim chance it goes back up right?

Looks like I was late to the game for this one, I’ll be ready for the next one! Thx again for the education all…

Was the first post Volvo Thousand Oaks?

Looks like the new quote is Galpin?

Comparing to December is pointless. Just plug in the current months incentives and RV / MF and if you like the deal then take it.

When they see sales tank this month they’ll have to up the incentives, unless people are actually buying these Chinese built Swedish cars.

1 Like

The numbers were the same last month. Did sales tank last month?

Not sure but large premium sedan are not where the market is at. Maybe they cleared enough inventory when the incentives were better.

Manufacturer residuals are set to try to sell a certain amount of cars at a certain amount of profit. They will tweak residual and MF to meet those goals, you cant assume a straight line depreciation curve. I leased a 61k T6 S90 MOM at the end of December and the discount was like 20.5k off msrp, 12% dealer discount and $13.2k in volvo incentives, but the residuals were lower so the monthly was still $320. The calculus has changed dramatically in 2018, but the monthly pricing bottomed out in April, at least so far.

So do you think the S90 T6 is even worth pursuing at this point? Even at $100-130/mo worse than your deal I’d jump on it. But at 590/mo I’m still far off. How many mo’s and miles was yours btw?

It depends upon your time horizon and whether you absolutely need the vehicle. If you can wait 3 months, the pricing may improve. There was a time a year ago where @vhooloo was chastised for predicting deals would be sub-400 before too long. Now everyone is upset they couldn’t cash in on the sub-300 deals of April.

Correct on both 2020202020

Who are you working with at Galpin?

Got my car from them 4/25. See thread below. While I know the numbers have changed, the discount off MSRP negotiation is still important.

Cool thanks for that. I’ll pm you his name, lmk who you used, I’d like to give him a buzz.

I ran your numbers with the lowered residual and it bumps the payment approx 160/mo if all else remains the same, which is still acceptable to me and far better then what I was quoted.

TIA.