RV/MF - Volvo dataset

Hi hackers,

Looks like RV/MF category is about to be closed, so I thought I should introduce my side project.
I’ve been reading this forum for a while now, got myself an amazing i3 thanks to you guys, and leasehackr has inspired me to look for a more systematic way of finding good leasing deals.

So, as my side-project I’ve been collecting RV/MF data for different brands/models/locations and have put it into a database, available at leasefindr.com. Brands like BMW, Subaru, Honda, Acura, Mini are already being updated regularly, and I’ve just uploaded a massive dataset for Fiat, Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge. Working on 3 more brands right now, and there will be more in the future, as well as more locations (only Washington and North/South Cali at the moment).

Data is collected automatically from public sources, so no dependency on dealers or manufacturers for that.
I’m not in a business of selling cars, and not looking to compete with leasehackr (there is no forum, or crazy 0.5% deals, etc), so I’m hoping to not be banned from the forum for posting this :stuck_out_tongue:

So, my question is: is such database of any use for you guys, or are you perfectly happy getting all the numbers from forums?
What else should I add to make is useful/more useful?
Any feedback would be great, really.

Thanks!

13 Likes

Ban this little b!&$h! Lol jk!

Great work! I definitely think there is value to have the database like that. Only thing is it needs to be updated often since they are changing monthly to every few months.

Are all these numbers correct? I checked out Volvo XC60 in SoCal, and the RV is less for 7500 miles per year than 10,000 miles per year - is that right?

More brands would be great!

1 Like

Good catch. Volvo and Kia are broken at the moment, working on that. The rest I believe is correct.
I’ll remove them for a couple of days to avoid confusion - until I fix them.
Sorry, it’s still raw. Lotsa numbers to handle

Yeah, it’s designed to be updated automatically, so even when I get bored of it, its should still be up-t-date (ish). I’m not actually manually entering all that data :smiley:
Also, there is a timestamp on each trim/location page “last updated on”, so you can check if it’s fresh

2 Likes

No worries at all, with how leases go, it honestly wouldn’t surprise me if that was the case. Thanks for making the tool, I could see myself using it in the future. Now I just need to figure out which manufacturers use regional numbers and which ones are national. (Midwest) :grinning:

Ya figured as much. Great work keep it up!

Great work, thanks for giving back!

Great work. This is very helpful. Thanks!

Yay, thanks for all the nice words! :smiley:
Any negative feedback / suggestions?

Which state are you looking for?

Ohio if you’ve got it.

Where’s the data? When I click on a specific brand lease I see it, but from the post I assumed the database was accesible to all. If that is your intention, I would create a lookup section where people can put brand, model and term/miles to spit out the rates.

Yes I agree. That is one key to acquire a lot of users. Just go in to the residual mf section and delete the make model etc and get that info.

very nice, Siejammy, thanks for a suggestion. Added to my todo list

Great work! lets turn this into a mobile app too haha

1 Like

Sounds good. I’ll check it out.

Alfa Romeo Stelvio, Kia Sorento and Sportage SX, and Acura MDX Sport Hybrid SUVs are on the current shopping list. Maybe Volvo XC60. Mazda CX-5 if they release the announced diesel.

UT. But visit SoCal often, so can buy and drive (24 hour permit?) from there?

PS: Adding a field showing the MF as a proxy for APR (MF x 2400= X%) would be helpful.

Thanks.

I’m guessing you should be able to snag some advertising revenue, and donations, etc.

Ha, I’m actually working on adding those brands right now :smiley:

Ok, that’s easy to add

I did that with my i3 - leased from a dealer in Bay Area and drove it back to WA. 24 hours permit, yes.
Note that dealers often don’t want to deal with an out-of-state buyer because it’s more paperwork for them (they will actually come up with some other fake reason of course). The trick is to negotiate, agree on the price, shake hands, start filling up your papers, and only then mention that “oh, btw I’m planning to register it in UT”.