Rumor: US EV credit to increase to $10,000

does anyone know? Ordered the model y but will take ownership once the rebate is approved.

Can’t justify spending $10k more

Checking now…for $9999 she can tell us…

crystal ball love GIF by HERSHEY’S Cookies ’n’ Creme

1 Like

Then you are going to wait a LONGGGGGGG time.

There’s a rumor of $10k/$12.5k / $0k, and currently $0k is in the lead.

4 Likes

Yes, I was very excited that Biden held that event today at the Texas Gigafactory and praised tesla for being a leader in American Engineering and called on Tesla to dominate the EV market and told a story about how him and Musk always look out for the working man and nominated Musk for the award of American of the year…

Nah - that didn’t happen. He was in Detroit and called on the UAW and Mary Barra@GM to please take my subsidies … he called the ex UAW president the man who built America…

2 Likes

Looking forward to 99 Bolts and 199 F150 lightnings soon. Yeahah Detroit made, UAW proud = $12k EV credit … The rest will pound sand…

1 Like

Considering it’s still just a proposal and hasn’t passed anything, probably 2 weeks

1 Like

Just ask those who thought ol’ Joe would cancel their student loan debt.

Seriously though, Don’t hold your breath. Buy your Tesla while dollars are still worth more than yen.

Also, if you don’t think tesla will jack up the price as soon as a rebate is available, I have a bridge to sell you.

3 Likes

Yeah, Tesla not being invited for the EV summit is a good indication that Tesla’s not getting any subsidies. Tesla doesn’t really need subsidies anyways to sell their cars. They’re everywhere . It’s a good call for tax payers.

1 Like

Is it named after one of the 5 Boroughs?

1 Like

If it happens, not before 1/1/2022

Rumor was:

• 7500 for any EVs, removing the current cap of 200k
  • 10k for EVs built in the US
  • 12.5k for EVs built in the US with union labor

None of these appears in any current version of the bill that I have read.

2 Likes

Agree, but I’d substitute every EV maker that has high-demand models.

They may stop passing on the lease credit, but tesla is the only brand that wouldn’t shock me in the least bit to see turn around and jack up the msrp $10k on a whim.

3 Likes

Yup $0k is in the home stretch…/sigh.

1 Like

Love GIF by CBS

1 Like

Want a Tesla. But I’ll keep waiting.

1 Like

Lobbyists do NOT like Tesla or Musk - there’s a new book coming out - Musk went at both the dealership lobby and union lobby

Hence this non-invite

Political figures are scared of special interest groups

2 Likes

It’s planned on in the follow on 3.5T stimulus bill. Which IMO will have a tough time passing.

I don’t think I’m following what you said. There isn’t anything for EV tax credits in the pair of bills under consideration now. What’s likely following that is an omnibus budget bill, that could include one of the two I mentioned previously. If you see something in the bills moving through Congress that I don’t (I certainly can’t keep up with everything) - please share a link.

4 Likes

Like a camel through the eye of a needle, some might say.