Rookie question on 3rd party buyout

I have a Kia lease (with KMF) with a little bit of positive equity. I got a quote from auto ninjas that was okay but I am looking for comparisons. What is my best option here? Can any Kia dealer buy it? Do they even want to? Are there competitors for auto ninjas?

With my last car (US Bank), I bought it myself, got the title and sold it to WhipFlip but it looks like Kia takes an extremely long time to transfer the title and I am not interested in that.

Thanks!

Best option? who pays the most

• Kia Dealers
  • Dealers who are part of a big autogroup like Autonation who have a Kia Dealer
  • Anyone else

Here’s the master list

Awesome thanks! Edited to add that it is a lease with KMF so I know some of those places can’t buy it.

KMF(well, technically Hyundai Financial Services) allows 3rd party buyouts. Many dealers don’t want to buy from KMF because of the long title issuance time, but they all can if they want to.

I sold my Kia to a Nissan Dealer with no affiliation.

What they TRIED to do was give us the Total + Tax buyout and refused to give us pretax numbers. So I asked for the tax amount by itself which was given, and the dealer paid Total - Tax.

So they don’t like others to buy it but others can.

Interesting, I was able to generate a “detailed buyout quote” on the website that showed remaining paying and tax separtely.

The dealer makes you call to confirm, that’s when the weird stuff happens.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.