Rodent Damage - $12K Repair Estimate!

Had this happen twice on Tundra via squirrels. Insurance covered repair from Toyota dealership in full less deductable. Was considered “act of god.” No premium increase either time.

Only true solution: keep hood open at all times when parked. Pests will no longer want to be there because its exposed. Worked like a charm. Don’t worry about engine and internals. They are designed for worse.

2 Likes

Picking up the car now. The repair was indeed covered by our comprehensive insurance. We’ll see what happens with the premiums at next renewal. Thanks again to everyone for your insights.

2 Likes

Can we see that final bill LOL

Keep the hood open in the open air? Not sure risk of happening something bad is less than risk of squirrels chewing the vehicle.

1 Like

I did this for two years before returning lease. No issues whatsoever. This is in NJ and I did it year round. Although, I live in a condo building with a gate-locked multi-story garage. I don’t know that I would leave the hood open in a home driveway even if I knew and trusted my neighbors.

Certainly don’t leave the hood open when parked in public. My squirrel issues happened at home both times. Never again after leaving the hood open.