Rivian R1T $82,799

The buyer pays a 5% buyer fee on top of the sale price. The buyers are paying right around what I’m asking.

You can’t get the quad motor for 80k, they are around 90k.

They may price cut like Tesla to move units.

3 Likes

Yep, I can see them doing that to get the MSRP under $80k for people who ordered post-price hike.

3 Likes

Rivian would be the laughing stock of the industry if they did a price cut. Considering the brouhaha they created with their price increase. But as crazy as it sounds, I wouldn’t rule it out.

I bought one very early on and the Fit of the panels and trim was not up to par. Needless to say I parted with my Rivian very quickly as demand was nuts. The dealer I sold it to thought it was in an accident because of the tool marks (and chipped paint) on the fender and door screws, which were adjusted prior to delivery.

2 Likes

Used car prices year over year are down close to 9% according to last cpi report, on top of that news tesla used car prices have dropped nearly 20% as flippers cant find buyers.
So what we have here is a market that has already shifted. The flipping of used cars is coming to an end.

5 Likes

@drtodd just curious, have you sold it yet? I’m in SoCal and considering flipping mine (when I get it). I have an R1S reservation.

Narrator: ohhh yes. Yes they will.

1 Like

I mean do they really need to move units? I can’t get delivery until 2024 for R1S

I have a couple interested buyers, hopefully a sale goes through. Flipping depends on if you locked in the original pricing and how quickly you get it.

I had to hold on to this longer than I wanted because my daughter totalled our car a month ago. Anyways, priced to sell now. Using Tred to manage the sale since it has a loan. Located in south central PA.
tred.co/zVed

How has it been in the cold(er) weather?? Not much of a winter so far …

I haven’t seen any problems. Truck is great!

1 Like

Good price, I just bought mine with exact MSRP for $85k in SoCal (less than 100 miles). GLWS!

2 Likes

Btw djust curious did you try Carvana/Vroom/Carmax? How do their offers look like?

Dealers here in SoCal are all mid-90s and the best I was offered was 4-5% off listing price.

Yes. Dealers are all spooked because of the Tesla price cuts.

1 Like

I see this aged well lol Rivian R1T Truck - #168 by drtodd. Have some more bourbon on me.

1 Like

Unfortunately my daughter was in a bad accident in January. She is fine but totalled our car so I took the R1T off the market and drove it for 6 weeks. The tesla price cuts really messed up the used ev market and prices really came down in the last month. It’s sold now so we can close this thread and @Kellstar can troll someone else. Great truck by the way.

2 Likes

@drtodd knows what he likes and its ORVW family reserve 20, could be an expensive comment if @Kellstar ponies up