Review: 2019 Audi E-Tron

I need to know where that extra 9,500 came from. I need to ask OP from that post because it left me speechless when the GM claimed it was a mistake.

OP got 5% off minus all incentives.

Sorry- I’m referring to this guys deal:

I don’t understand the details on how he got that extra 9,500

1 Like

All broken out here:

Incentives: the usual: Costco ($7500), Audi Lease Cash ($7500), Dealer Marketing Allowance ($7500), Loyalty ($2000), SCE ($1000)

You said loyalty from R8, maybe they aren’t passing on the Dealer Allowance? And SCE I think is a rebate

17% off MSRP before all incentives sounded too good to be true. Not surprised there was a misunderstanding in regards to the sales price including dealer cash.

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is that Costco will offer an actual $7,500 incentive not related to a dealer discount?

This dealer is basically at 17% with marketing allowance and then giving me Fed Ex Tax at 7,500 plus loyalty. What I am missing is “Costco incentive” which I was told that it’s jus an agreement with them to offer a 10% discount and he’s offering more.

To provide context, from this dealer I have gotten:

• 2018 Audi R8 at 20.6% off
  • 2020 Audi Q8 at 18% off
  • 2020 Audi Q7 at 16% of
  • 2019 Audi A6 at 27% off

It’s not like they don’t want to win the business- he would do it but I’m guessing either he is failing to realize an incentive or another GM is about to get in big trouble.

I need help because I don’t believe he’s malicious. Just misinformed.

Costco incentive is 10% discount off MSRP. It’s not on top of dealer discount.

Yeah there is no way that deal would fly.

That’s exactly what I though Jon, thank you.

So if I get the dealer to do more than 10% than Costco doesn’t apply? As long as I get in addition:

• Audi Marketing Allowance- $7,500
  • loyalty- $2,000
  • Federal EV credit- $7,500

So $17,000 discount plus dealers max discount at hopefully 10%-13%- correct?

What is SCE?

Everything you said is correct except one thing. Costco guarantees you 10% off MSRP. Anything above that you’ll have to negotiate.

Southern California Edison. If you’re a SCE customer, this is a post-sale rebate.

Edit: PGE May have something for NorCal - you’ll need to check

1 Like

FTFY.

It’s very important to not conflate incentives with discounts.

I assure you it was not a mistake by the dealer, otherwise it would’ve been shot dead well before it got to the GM and Finance Director. Just because this dealer isn’t incentivized to meet that type of discount doesn’t mean others have done so unwillingly by mistake.

I’ll tell you I’ve reached out to nearly all dealers in CA and nearly all reply with a high pre-incentive discount ACCOUNTING FOR THE MARKETING ALLOWANCE despite my terms being very specific to exclude it. I respectfully replied we’re far off and thanked them for their time. If you’re looking for a similar discount I suggest you do the same.

1 Like

Southern California Edison, I believe. We have PG&E up in NorCal so it would be $800 post sale rebate.

2 Likes

No, Costco just provides members a 10% discount off MSRP. Dealers are not required in any way to provide their regional marketing allowance, and certainly not obligated to provide both the Costco discount AND their marketing allowance.

1 Like

I need to explain something to my LH buddies .
The $7500 marketing allowance is NOT a customer cash . Dealers have absolutely no requirements to
give this $$ away . If you can get an etron for 12% off MSRP plus the $ 7500 or $9500 for prestige take it . Don’t Grind anymore . It’s a solid deal .

5 Likes

Thanks Sam! Appreciate your feedback. I’m just trying to replicate the deal you gave to our fellow LH 2 weeks ago. I’m not trying to push hard; just trying to understand the variables.

Costco Cash is really just a minimum of 10%discount on the car.

Marketing Allowance: $7,500 the dealer can choose to give you at their discretion

Federal EV Credit: $7,500

Loyalty: $2,000

I’m purely trying to focus on the dealer discount on the car before incentive. It seems throughout many posts incentives and discounts are getting conflated and/or included in the wrong columns.

When I got 20.8% off on my '18 R8 it included marketing allowance, Audi Financial $$, and the dealer dropping to net zero which ultimately appeared to be 20.8% but it was really a 12% dealer discount plus incentives.

Either way, thank you for clarifying. Any feedback on how to replicate the last unicorn you did at ~$400/month on a premium plus or $450 on the prestige?

1 Like

Hi Zein , call me tomorrow let’s find a way to do this
424-281-5606

2 Likes

I will Sam thanks! I think the GM at my local dealer was trying to do the deal. I mean I got 5 cars from them in the last 18 months for me, my family, and gf. You would assume when someone shows that kind of loyalty you would show them your best, especially since I committed to the RSQ8 when my R8 runs up in a few months.

Does 12pm work for you?