Returning a lease

First time returning here. Toyota US Bank Lease Leased in NJ and moved to TX (informed to US Bank). Already extended 6 months and 15k under mileage (yeah didn’t drive it). Help me clarify the following:

1. Hoping to get inspected 10 days before the last day. All payments are current. Get a superior clean before the inspection just kid stuff on the floor. Do they like to inspect with car seats out? What about a stain or two on the seats?
  2. My assumptions are that I would walk in the nearest Toyota on an appointment and just hand over the keys? Do the dealers give a hard time returning and I need to prepare something. I read a post where dealers weren’t accepting the vehicle.
  3. I checked with KBB the value of the vehicle is literally the same as my purchase price quoted from US Bank. I would also have to pay taxes on purchase. Any point of going the extra mile for equity? Also, when or if we buy and sell to carvana, etc. doesn’t the ownership change to first/second or whatever owner? Would we need the title before selling?

Give yourself as much time as possible and do the inspection maybe 30 days before lease end.

1 Like

Thanks. I am wondering why that much time would be required?

I had the tires looked by a local dealer and says half the trim is still there and regarding the body pretty much took care of it during the tenure.

You most likely need to find a usbank affiliated toyota dealer, not just any random dealer.

Planning to reach out to US Bank and asking directly. That might work. If there is a better way, please highlight.

You should leave more time to fix any potential issues noted during inspection, if you choose to do so, rather than being charged by the bank.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation

Follow up query:
Scratches
Tires
Dings

What else can be a potential I need to think about? Again, no prior experience on this

1 Like

Where in Texas?

Your bank should provide you with the end of lease directions.

Picking this back up

Just realized

Lease due 12/25 and Service due 12/22

I can return it today 12/21 but they can pick up 12/23. I would like them to pick up but then what about the service due. BTW, haven’t reached the mileage mark for the service 18k something it’s just the date on the sticker from last service

The system doesn’t beep or anything as of last night

Some quick thoughts? US Bank

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.