Return a Lease or (take the risk of) buyout and try to sell?

Hi,
My Cadillac CTS 2019 lease is ending next month. My buyout from GM is ~31k
How’s the Cadillac CTS 2019 selling these days?
I have ~23k miles

Should I take the risk or just return it to the dealership ?
Some dealerships offered equity but it’s not gonna be that high (if any…) , maybe few hundreds dollars

You seriously expect others on here to go get quotes for you?

4 Likes

Get some quotes online not dealers. For few hundred $ no. I would say Don’t risk if it is at least $2k.

1 Like

In the process of buying out my lease I had to make two separate trips to the Ohio BMV, and both had timing requirements (I’m out of town at least one week out of every three, which makes scheduling things like this more challenging).

I’m accustomed to the California DMV, and by comparison Ohio BMV is much more efficient and its employees can actually breathe through their noses, but I still wouldn’t do it for a few hundred dollars.

Separately, how many days/weeks/months will elapse before you have the title fully transferred (most, but not all, buyers will require this)? If it’s relatively short, probably not a ton of risk, but it varies a lot from state to state.

The market is softening, and I think a CTS probably has higher-than-average downside value risk while you wait. Shorter wait for the title = more prospective buyers and less risk.

You don’t have to buy it out yourself. You can sell your interest in the lease to a dealer and get a cheque for the equity, if any.

This vague line of questioning is useless.

Only thing that matters is what your VIN is worth.

2 Likes

I will go as high as a buck two eighty

Come back to us with valuation quotes from Carvana, SHIFT, vroom, CarMax and others and we can help you more. Your options are to sell back to the GM dealer of your choice or buy it out and sell it wherever you want, but in the latter you have to pay sales tax on the buyout price.

no time…

3 Likes

Trade it in for the Escalade…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.