Residual Value on CPO Lease?

Hi all. I’m fairly familiar with leasing new cars but I’m looking into helping my guy lease the car of his dreams - a Porsche 911. A lease on a new 911 is out of reach but a CPO lease might be possible.
Question is, where can I find residual value % for CPOs? I want to run numbers myself before talking to dealers.

IMHO, Porsche 911s are meant to be purchased. You can get a nice low mileage 2010 for around $52-56k. For the 2012, it may be around $60k but still a much better overall investment than leasing specially if you intend to keep it.

Thanks Chris. He’s not planning to purchase at lease end. It’s more about living out a long time dream for a few years. Do you know how the RV is calculated for previous model years?

Not specifically for Porsche. I believe for used cars, it may be on a case-by-case basis.
There was a thread here a while back about used car leases and how there is really not a lot of competition (read: expensive) @RVguy is one of the math geniuses that do this for a living

Even for a CPO Porsche, you will want to budget an extra $2-5k/year for maintenance on top of your lease payment if it is out of warranty. It is true that you can get into a used “exotic” vehicle but it is the maintenance that will do you in. That dream can turn into a nightmare quickly :frowning: For a lease, you have to keep the car up. For example, you can get a 2006/07 15k mile Lambo for around $80k but the maintenance is about $10k/year + insurance.

You may get some more opinions tomorrow but I am a Porsche guy but even I cannot be persuaded to put $10k down, $1400/mo on a 911 lease :joy:

Thanks Chris. I agree that sounds crazy! He might be going for another TT after all!

Most luxury OEMs have stepped up their CPO warranty to cover a lot more and give consumers peace of mind to go that route. I am not familiar with Porsche’s but Lexus and the 3 big Germans have great warranties with Lexus being the best as of last year.

Leasing programs on CPOs are another story. The way everyone one calculates CPO RVs is not conducive to having great deals. If there is a great CPO lease deal, most likely the captive will end up taking a big loss on it.

The way to do it is to find a random sweet spot on a low mileage example with low inception miles (increases the RV$) and a low price from the dealer. Or any model where the CPO RV is too high. We’re not talking unicorn-level rarity but the few people with the data and time to model it and find those sweet spots are the same risk teams at the captives who are setting the CPO RVs trying to close any gaps that are big losers for the lender. I know because I was one of them. There are a handful of super smart dealers who will spend some time learning the CPO leasing program forwards and backwards who can also work the deals but they are doing it to maximize their profits, not to blow out a ton of used inventory as CPO leases.

Old thread but Porsche reliability is basically at Toyota levels.