Require Moderation for Marketplace Before Post Approval

So confused by where this thread ended up going, but it wasn’t directed at any one individual, and I do wish you the best with your health and MS.

3 Likes

@michael @littleviolette Can we ban user Paul_Duran already? He’s a dealer, but yet keeps spamming the “Share Deals” section with reposts after told many times to post his deals only in the “Marketplace.”

2 Likes

If he gets enough flags he’s automatically banned I believe. Happened to our friend carphan

Sorry to all, new to the forum and responded via email and did somethung wrong. I have been trying to delete but the trash bin is not responding when I click on it. I will try on a PC shortly.

Ty Kmdukez, I appreciate that. I hope everyone has a great Friday!

@Lease4Least this is the forum suggestions/moderation section, if you want deal feedback post a new thread in the Ask the Hackrs section, you will not get productive responses here in a thread that has nothing to do with you or leasing a Maserati

1 Like

Ty, I received an email and somehow posted in this thread. Now that I logged in through a browser I see everything is simple. I kept responding from that email like an idiot.

Thanks for providing the info, and I will delete those from this thread when I get to the PC. Trash bin is inoperable on Trash Note 8 I guess, although my track record so far might say otherwise.

I think there’s a frequent offender who brings the typical “sleazy car salesman” approach on this forum. It’d be great if someone can just ban him for a few days so he gets the idea of his posts are just like spams.

Or if the website can have this “mute user” function so I don’t see his posts any longer, that’d be great.

1 Like

Okay guys, my input time. So this site is about helping people get good deals, there should be some moderation for the new guys around here who are frankly posting, crap deals (mostly dealers). Most of the older brokers/dealers help people and contribute to the community here. As of late, I’ve seen many new dealers post crap deals, defend them, and never contribute, whilst many people who need help etc. with their leases go unnoticed. So I think new regulations should be implemented to stop this so that we can return to the main message of this site.

7 Likes

I agree as well that more moderation is needed before people can post as a dealer. They need to register and be approved before they can post deals, or risk getting an account suspension.

I think in general the entire site needs a little more moderation & posting standards. People should include monthly payment and lease term in title, and make use of flags to highlight the state or region the deal is out of. Also, we’ve seen new users post the same topic in multiple sections, and duplicates should be flagged for removal, and possible user suspension of posting privileges if their not following forum etiquette.

2 Likes

My turn…yes it is mostly CA’s (at least on the BMW offers that I’ve seen and three of them are all from one dealership) not brokers. I’m not about to flag a competitor but I would like to know what it took for me to become registered. I hope that the moderators wait for there to be some positive contribution before they do that (it did take mine a little while to be approved) as that could be the difference between a CA helping others out while picking up a deal here and there versus someone trying to simply drive traffic to their store on the promise that the deal might get better when they arrive.

I agree that the marketplace needs a little help, but in general, I am against over-moderation and prefer a little of the wild west in the forum which I believe encourages more honest opinions and assessments.

3 Likes

There definitely is some truth in that.

Case in point, there are message subjects like this all the time, even when searching, you still not sure what’s in the messages w/o opening them and reading.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your suggestions. I agree that we need more Marketplace moderations and enforce better posting practices by commercial parties. We are working on making dealer/broker registration required in order to post dealership deals; good, helpful dealers/brokers on the forum would be rewarded through positive reviews on their designated review thread, which we will create for registered dealers/brokers. I second @steevo’s position that the marketplace should stay community-based without over-moderation, but healthy dose of moderation is definitely needed to keep the forum clean and enjoyable.

Let us know if you have other suggestions!

2 Likes

Love it. Thanks, Violette!

I think we’ve been doing better with moderation as of late. I think it’s certainly improved from where it was even just a couple months ago.

Recently, a bunch of Marketplace posters seem to think that the subject/title line is meant for paragraphs worth of info. Can we recommend that they just post 1 sample numbers in the title and the other variations (ie with no MSDs, VPP, loyalty, etc) in the main post?

Below are some examples of ridiculous titles.

2 Likes

To be fair, the policies of the forum require a lot in the title for a marketplace post. Some of them are a bit excessive when there isn’t one particular deal being advertised, but most parts of the single deal ones are needed.

EX: type of car and trim needed,
MSRP needed,
payment needed,
what is upfront needed ,
Location needed,
term and mileage needed

1 Like

And Jon is the one who always insists on following guidelines :slight_smile:

There is no guideline that says all those have to be in the title. Personally, I think just vehicle+trim, terms and monthly+DAS amount should be in the title. All the other details can be in the main post.

Personally, I think there should only be year/make/model/trim in the title. Everything else is fluid and can be in the post, including monthly payment. There are always questions about different terms, rebates, etc.
Edit: also location in the title