Require dealers/brokers to list breakdown of total DAS

2 Likes

Telling people who come here posting a bad deal they signed that they screwed the pooch is hostile? I guess in a way it is but you can’t just pat people on the back to pat people on the back.

This forum is very friendly actually if you at least try to learn how this thing of ours works…

@spockvr6 and @Lvs23 I enjoy all the texting! Good thing I’m on an unlimited plan :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s true. It seems to me that as the forum has grown in popularity, the amount of new members joining and immediately starting a thread asking ‘can I (or do I) haz the best lease deal possible in my area’ has increased exponentially. I haven’t seen any instances of a post being shut down just because a member didn’t have the full details. Yes, they’re always asked for, but that’s kind of the point of this forum.

Nothing wrong with pointing out to folks that the same topic has previously been discussed, or that there’s simply not enough information given to give good advice.

I don’t mind being bombarded with customers looking to buy cars. I have some people that text me every month asking for pricing on the same car. Hopefully one month they will buy. Just have to keep planting seeds.

As for the question, “how can you get the deals on your own with out a broker?”
-take the brokers monthly payment and work backwards. Find out the residual and mf on your own, don’t ask me for it (with no intentions to buy from me) when that info is out there on other websites. It’s lretty easy to calculate the discount off msrp if you know the monthly payment. If you can’t do the math perhaps it’s in your best interest to hire a broker.

1 Like

I was talking about being hostile to new comes. That does get annoying lack if search button usage skill and question posted without anything that’s asked in the template when you create new post for the deal.
I’m still viewing this as a place to seek, find and share knowledge.
Lately isn’t been selling deals from which only minimal knowledge can be gathered.

The post vs PM is fascinating to me. You are so right on this. Plus it completely breaks the thread apart and makes it unreadable. Particularly when you have a thread from say April and every month brokers will “updated for June!” on us…you have to scroll through 500 mindless replies of “do you ship to Hawaii via train?” that should be PMs. I love what you said above…10x like.

3 Likes

Yes. It’s possible to reverse engineering assuming for example buy rate MF. Not everyone is doing buy rate MF. So calculating sale discount with that assumption already gets you in the wrong place.
You can also assume dealership fees but not everywhere. It’s regulated by state in PA and NY but CT and NJ are wild Wild West for fees.
Trying to reverse engineering deal from CT would not be same as from NY. Easily $400 difference in dealership fees.
So it’s possible but again - assuming things that may or may not be true without disclosure.

But that just my view and my use of information. 1 out of 32k plus users:)

1 Like

I disagree-

It’s just like my employees at work. They can ask any and as many questions as they want.

But, if I can seek an answer out via a quick search through our internal G Drive site…

I feel the same way about LH. So many questions are asked over and over again. Quick search remedies this.

4 Likes

Too much work…

Even registering as a dealer is too much work for you…

7 Likes

Good one! Actually, I would but my GM won’t let me post deals on here. Benz won’t allow it. The spreadsheet game is the loophole. These deals are extra work for a mini flat commission and I can’t do the volume like Cody to make it worth it. Believe it or not, we do better deals than these after getting beat up a few rounds in person. Smh.

2 Likes

Let’s just say I don’t believe it. Proof is in the pudding.

2 Likes

Which part?

1 Like

Your deals.

4 Likes

Playbook on Benz would be super helpful (I know, that’s a tall ask lol) since their maps are all over the damn place last I looked.

Oh. Could I post deals on here with registering? Because I couldn’t replicate them without a dance. We don’t have a real internet dept to move units like tustin. We average the lowest profit per new car in the region whereas laguna Niguel and fletcher are number one and two for highest front gross. Embarrassing. Long Beach and Foothill regularly beat us on the pencil though. Check them out.

1 Like

You can post for deals if you register. But if you expect a dance then honestly don’t bother. Your deals need to be top notch or else you will hear about it constantly.
We got our prior MB from long beach. Good deals there and I referred a few people there.
I found fletcher to play games.

1 Like

I’m not going to post deals. Keyes is number two in volume and also gives crazy deals. Long Beach is good yeah… I might troll a little bit on here though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually i help my customers buy cars of other brands. Just found a deal on a 740 here yesterday. Bmws lease well.

2 Likes