Requesting a quote

Yeah, it’s these mind games that dealers like this are using. Makes sense to not waste any time with them…I don’t need to see what’s behind curtain #3. I don’t need to open that extra case…ok, I can’t take it…I’m coming over now, DEAL!

What do you guys think about the timing of the request? does that play a role - i.e request early in the month resulting in worse numbers? Thanks guys.

Again the actual quote you receive doesn’t matter because it is almost never a good deal. You need to email them the offer you want them to do. Timing is important because they may need to hit certain sales numbers. If they are one car away you may get a better deal. If they already hit their sales quota then it won’t matter when you email them. But again everyone is posting these initial quotes they received which are irrelevant because it will never be a good quote.

Yes agree. But I’m having a hard time getting anything other than the first quote from quite a few dealers. Some never reply back after I express my target; some just ask if i have other quotes supporting what I’m asking for. So just wondering if this is all because this is beginning of the month…

Keep trying. It depends on how aggressive your request is.

Start a conversation, maybe call and outline your expectations. So, just a foreplay before you get to the bottom line.

I do think a strategically placed phone call to help move things along. They know you are a real person.

Cool. I guess I will wait a few more days then call the one that seems workable. Thanks guys.

I wouldn’t wait until the last moment. It takes time for both parties to get comfortable with each and establish some type of relationship.

2 Likes

Winter hibernation has the bear thinking frisky!

Is it accurate to say you don’t sound highly confident?

I don’t know but I’m pretty straight forward and just state what my target is.

When you say target, what target are you stating? The monthly payment? Dealer discount? How are your emails phrased. Copy/paste here if you like.

I state the discount before incentives as a percentage and also mention the actual discounted price. Basically, I wrote “My target is xxxx. Would you be able to offer that or something close to it”.

It all depends on the situation. Usually when someone provides more information I am more inclined to give a quote right off the bat. Or respectively respond in a minute letting them know I can’t provide the deal they are looking for.

1. Name
  2. Zip
  3. contact information
  4. time frame
  5. all incentives etc
  6. Realistic expectations

Frankly I don’t like wasting time and responding to:
“stk: XXXXX need quote.” (Yes I have gotten actual emails like this) because most of the time either it’s someone bored on their computer, or they don’t respond.

1 Like

Call them. When you get a quote you like, request it in writing. Anyone I’ve ever actually spoken to and connected with as a human, was magically responsive.

1 Like

Do you include a car stock number?

This is the email I recently used and had no issues receiving responses.

" Thank you for such a quick reply.

We are getting this car for our daughter this week. I did some research and I am looking for the following deal. Can you do this?

stock xxxx
MSRP 41208
Dealer Discount - 5600
Lexus incentive - 1500
graduation incentive -750
36 months, 7.5k miles
MF 0.0003 then apply 4 MSDs
RV 55%
tax 9.5%

drive off of around $1000 (first month, DMV, tax, dealer doc fee)

thank you!"

Thanks. I did include a stock #. But I did not lay out as detail as yours though. Well will try.

Picking an actual stock number instead of making them do any actual customer service work on you definitely helps.

1 Like

Imply in the email you are ready to close. I usually say our current lease is due back in a week or something along those lines.