Repair or replace cracked rim on BMW lease?

Ok so the report is back! With $3,600 in damages reportedly… BUT there is a catch.

I almost had a heart attack when I saw it. This was up until I realized they charged me over $700 for Rim and Tires since I swapped them with different BMW OEM wheels. Stock will be going back on soon, so this leaves me with ~$800 for the front fender/bumper repair, not terrible.

1 Like

Yep, $800 beats $1,500-$2,000 repairing it yourself, plus you don’t have to deal with it, can just turn it in and be done with it.

Exactly, wash my hands of it and be done. They’ll take it out of the MSD, so I’ll call it a win. Love the car, debated on buying it out, but time to move on.

Make sure that when you turn it in, you get pictures and proof (2nd inspection?) that the original wheels are on. Most dealers don’t do a second inspection and you owe whatever is on the first bill.

3 Likes

Appreciate that heads up, I was actually questioning that. I’ll have to make it clear to the dealer when turning in the wheels were swapped back, hopefully avoid any issues. I wasn’t sure how it works.

I will second what @forbs said. Make sure you document the wheel swap.

At my inspection I had one non-OEM tire on the vehicle and got dinged for that. Between the inspection and drop-off I got a new tire for much less than the quoted cost, but I needed to provide a receipt of the tire install to the leasing company because the dealer didn’t do any inspection at drop off. Was a minor hassle to go back to a mom and pop tire place for a handwritten receipt…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.