Regional "Ask the Hackrs"

Is there any value in having regional subforums within “Ask the Hackrs”? I suppose this exists now with tags in topics but could perhaps be more formally bucketed. My thought is that it could be helpful to know data points specific to only a region if desired versus markets that can potentially skew those data points (NY/NJ/CT/MA, SoCal, etc). It may also help better define what is considered hackr worthy as it relates to geographic region.

Just a random thought I had.

The more the sub forums, the more the need for moderation in different sub sections. I think its fine the way it is. Unless there will be regional mods assigned :smile:

2 Likes

We’ve been through this already a couple times and the consensus is to keep the status quo.

1 Like

I also think that for a newbie, it wouldn’t matter much. If they don’t have the intention of learning the 101’s on here, they will still just come and ASK and expect it to be given to them.

2 Likes

To go off of this, lazy and ignorant newbies will post in the wrong regional subforum, thus making it useless

1 Like

That would have been my thought if there was buy in.

Fair points, information is easy to get to if one actually takes the time to read up on the site’s operating model. I simply thought there could be some value in concentrating more data points by region. Carry on!

2 Likes

Hi all closing thread since its done. PM if need it opened for whatever reason.