Recommendations for Newbie

Hi,
I just found this forum not too long ago while seeking some advice before my first lease. I own a 2011 Altima but was considering upgrading it. I’ve never leased and never had a car loan before but have good credit as far as I know (credit karma 700+). What are some starter mid-luxury cars you would recommend? I was thinking if that was still out of my price range I would look into a 2020 Chevrolet Blazer. I don’t want to get ripped off so I was trying to find out if it would be reasonable to get anything under $375, zero down payment? I’m located in South Florida. From what I have read, Florida is not a lease friendly state so I’m open to other areas if prices are reasonable. Apologies in advance if these sound like some dumb questions.

Look at the marketplace to get an idea of what is possible at your pricepoint. The information is all here. Read for a couple hours and absorb it

1 Like

Simple answer is a V60CC, since the incentives are really good right now.

Currently, $5750 in Volvo Allowance and Lease Bonus on those cars. If you have Costco, add another $2000. Find a dealer that is willing to get you to 15% off pre-incentive on a loaner, get the MF and RV from Edmunds, and you should be well within your target.

I would read Leasing 101 articles and figure out how to put together a deal before emailing or calling anybody.

1 Like

Clarify that it is on loaner. No one will give 15% off on a new one. I’ve already replied to you once for the same misleading statement.

5 Likes

Didn’t see that. I forgot to add loaner. Also, I don’t have a reply from you any time recently :grinning:.

Can’t help you on deciding which is the best car for
Your needs and your wallet (only you can make that decision).

I will say though that credit karma is not the best judge for your actual FICO score. Go to the credit reporting agencies and try to have your FICO auto8 (and other auto) scores pulled. Since you’ve never leased nor gotten a vehicle loan, you will appear as having limited credit history in that aspect.

It’s possible for people with 800+ FICO score to be denied a car lease if they have no lease history.

Recommend starting with Toyota if you can’t use a co-signer. Maybe you can find a well equipped Camry LE?

Additionally, read up on Leasing 101. Try not to shop payments or negotiate based on payment alone.

3 Likes

Ok, thank you for the suggestion. Im just looking for more info and advice.

For right now, don’t focus on a specific vehicle at all. Spend your time doing research and learning how the whole process works. That is vehicle agnostic.

1 Like