Rebate qualification required for EV leases?

Hey,
I have been having a hard time finding the answer to this question (maybe i’m searching for the wrong words)

I do not qualify for CVRP or almost any of the EV rebates for purchasing a car due to household income levels (and am thankful for this :pray: ).

I’ve seen a LOT of great deals on the Bolt via Onepay, or even the e-Tron / Q5e deals recently. Before I get too excited, or waste the time of the dealers, I wanted to confirm that the prices I keep see listed are what I would pay regardless of eligibility around CVRP or PGE rebates.

Thanks in advance!

CVRP is a post-purchase rebate, so it isn’t included in any deal.

Lots of the deals you see posted by trusted dealers in “Marketplace” are usually without CVRP.

For example, all the ones you usually see here:

But when people post in the “Share A Deal” forum, they include CVRP and all sorts of discounts in their calculation because it makes it more exciting and brag worthy.

For a lot of these deals, I think the biggest hurdle for most people is having things like “Loyalty” or “Conquest” – which means having a current lease.

Unfortunately, for a lot of EV hackrs on here, CVRP is no longer a factor for us either because we most likely already used it on previous deals.

thank you. this is quite helpful

Most ev quotes in Cali include ccfr 1500 though

Which isn’t a problem, as there aren’t any income restrictions on the CCFR

2 Likes

Hi Mllcb42!

Do you know if California CCFR applies to loaner?

Thanks!

You can check the official website but I don’t see why not. Ccfr is related to the utility company and it replaced those PGE and SCE rebates I believed. I’ve gotten utility rebate for loaner car both BEV and PHEV.

I asked on here and someone wrote that it does not as it has to be a new car. Loaners are already registered.

1 Like

Looks like you’re right,

California Clean Fuel Reward (CCFR)

CCFR is available to all California residents who buy or lease a new eligible vehicle through a participating retailer. This instant electric vehicle reward is offered on a sliding scale, depending on battery size, up to $1,500.

CCFR and CVRP can be combined for CCFR recipients who also meet all CVRP eligibility criteria.

1 Like

All credit goes to @cruiserchuck

Previously with PG&E you would be able to use that credit towards a demo so that’s a bit annoying. And most dealers are going to take the rebate themselves for the car when it’s registered so we’re all out of luck.

1 Like

The brokers have nothing to do with the rebates, not do they have a mechanism for claiming the rebate themselves

1 Like

Meant dealers - my bad.

Neither the Dealers.
Incentives are passed on a separate line item, they can’t just ‘pass it to themselves’.
They can refuse to lower the price of the car, hence why you need to see the discount before incentives.

But no, a dealer can’t ‘steal’ the money.
But right now EV’s have incredible incentives from US Government, CA Government, as well as the OEM. So unless the dealer tries an ‘over MSRP’ fast one on you, they can’t steal it at all.

Of course for an EV never pay MSRP, get a broker to get you a good price.

1 Like

I see. In that case its a shame then that neither the dealers nor the lessor get the rebate.

Bureaucrats, right?

No offense intended to bureaucrats, just the laws for EV rebates in so many states are extreme, awesome or stupid.

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

Thanks Guys! I guess I will just need to negotiate a lower selling price to do without CCFR then.

As I said, don’t bother ‘negotiating’ find a local broker, I found a good price on my first car from a Dealer here and from a broker for my second car.

No need to ‘negotiate’ you don’t like the price, you find another.

Is the Bolt for you or for the staff? At your income level you should not be driving Bolt. Look into Model X…
You don’t want to pull up at the executive parking lot at Apple in a Bolt.

they now who i am long before they see the car :skull: