Reality Check: 2023 Audi e-tron Chronos Edition

, , ,

Because most consumers are payment focused rather that total cost and they can lower the monthly payment more with a cap cost reduction than an msds, so they very, very rarely run into consumers that ask for msds. As such, they dont have any experience doing them, so they dont know theyre a thing.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Iā€™d love to hear how you have successfully navigated this in the pastā€¦. How have you educated a dealer on this or been able to get them to factor in msds to your deal? It seems like a big gap when the leasing manager doesnā€™t know what msds areā€¦. Feedback pleaseā€¦

Btw is it me or does every dealer try and play with the MF and think we wonā€™t catch it?

It seems like every time I go to lease a car and I and say please show me a lease proposal for tier one credit and 10/36 they give me some proposal with an incorrect MF until I figure it out ā€¦such a total waste of time

1 Like

One thing to do is find the captive bank buyrate MF. Either subscribe to that feature on LH or goto Edmunds Lease deals forums.

Once you know what incentives you are have and the buy rate MF, when you contact the dealer- state the deal you are looking for. If itā€™s not Sam at Audi BH, I will contact the dealer thru their website on the particular in stock vehicle they have to submit an inquiry. I specifically mention the deal I want with all the terms broken down- including pre-incentive discount, lease term, buy rate MF spelled out and max MSDs. Either they engage or they do not. Saves time which is the most valuable commodity.

If they play games- move on.

At these payment terms itā€™s inching up on EQS450+ SUV rates ($107k suv). Iā€™m exploring both options, the MB is currently the front runner for value of lease.

Nah, 39x at the very lowest on a 24/7.5k iirc. Many more deals in the 4s and 5s range on P+s and Prestiges from 2019 MY. Big marketing allowance to clear those boats.

To be fair, some dealers might mark up the MF for a bigger discount. When I leased my '21 A6 a couple of years ago, the dealer slightly marked up the MF increasing my desired payment by an extra $10/month.

I always tell folks to know their numbers. At the end of the day, if youā€™re happy with a dealerā€™s offer, it does not really matter how they get there.

Is there a specific reason you are targeting the e-tron Chronos Edition?

For me I am targeting the etron GT prestige or the etron chronos because we want the heads up display and 360 surround parking camera.

Who cares if they mess with it?

Make an offer based on buy rate and your target price and if they want to mark up the mf while getting to your price point, more power to them.

People worry way too much about this. They either hit your target price or they donā€™t.

2 Likes

There have been times i have provided the actual documentation from the bank that says its offered/how itā€™s applied.

Ultimately though, some dealers simply donā€™t want to deal with them, so if they wonā€™t do them for whatever their reason is, move on.

I am sure you are already well aware that you are going to have to pay to play.

Where are you seeing information on the Loyalty and pipeline incentive? I canā€™t find confirmation of those anywhere.

Thanks!

It might be dealer / location specific. For example, this dealership offers the Incoming Vehicle Bonus Program:
Incoming Vehicle Bonus Program | Audi Henderson

I did a Google search and was able to find this incentive at other dealerships as well.

The Loyalty Incentive I only found at some random dealership when I was configuring the deal online and it gave the ability to select applicable incentives like Military Discount, etcā€¦

One thing Iā€™ve noticed is that not all dealerships are consistent in how they advertise the available incentives and the Audi USA website isnā€™t much different.

1 Like

Are you sure you have the right numbers for the residual? Your residual number looks really high for a 36 month Audi leaseā€¦

Audis donā€™t usually lease very well, and the higher trim levels usually have lower residuals than the base trims.

To be honest, Iā€™m not sure ā€¦ I used numbers that were already in the calculator or from Edmunds. Either way, Iā€™ve probably talked myself out of pursuing for now since my current SUV is only 6 months from being paid off. Iā€™ll keep it for my soon-to-be driver in the family, and may come back to looking at an e-tron or something more mid-life crisis appropriate :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.