Reality Check: 2023 Audi e-tron Chronos Edition

, , ,

Just doing a little research on leasing a 2023 Audi e-tron Chronos Edition before talking to dealers or brokers. I used information from Edmunds to help complete the LH calculator and wanted to know if the numbers are realistic and if this would be a good offer to target with a dealer.

I kept the numbers simple:

MSRP: 87595
Selling Price (%10% off): 78836
Fed EV Credit: 7500
Audi Pipeline Cash Incentive: 1000

The MSRP discount may not be realistic given current market conditions, or perhaps there are deals out there, which is why I’m bringing my reality check to the forum.

Thanks in advance!!

2 Likes

Dont forget costco if you have a membership.

Do they still offer the Costco incentive? If so, would you happen to know the amount?

I believe it’s $5k.

3 Likes

Do you have the right MF? I have no idea what it is, but the one in your calculator seems way too low for an EV that is getting the tax credit.

I can’t say for sure, only that I got that MF value from Edmunds which translates to 4.39% APR.

$5k is for GT (sedan)
Chronos is SUV trim Costco on that is $1,500

No Good Thank You GIF by Pit Viper

2 Likes

Doing a little more digging on this and 10% off MSRP might be a bit much, not sure what others think. If the estimated invoice of the car on Edmunds is correct, then invoice is 6% off MSRP, so best I could probably get a dealer to give is 5% on this particular vehicle :frowning:

Not sure what others think…

How’s this process going for you?

I was looking at the same thing (chronos etron) but it seems that the etron GT is more heavily discounted at most dealers. So now I’ve been looking at that.

Are these real numbers? Anyone successful with this?

I’m guessing OP is targeting these numbers but will struggle to hit them based on my personal exploration of the same. There are just not a lot of chronos sitting on dealer lots from what I’ve experienced.

Correct. I’m looking at these numbers as a target offer but wanted to run it by the community here first as a sanity check.

Doing some additional research, I don’t think the 10% off MSRP is realistic given how close or below invoice that would be, so likely the best I could do on the discount off MSRP would be between 3% and 5%, assuming I trust Edmunds to have the correct dealer invoice price.

I also found out that Audi isn’t doing the full $7500 EV credit on the 2023 e-tron, instead it’s $5000, at least according to audioffers.com. So the incentives would look like this:

$5000 Audi National Incentive
$1000 Audi Loyalty Incentive
$1000 Audi Pipeline Incentive
$1500 Costco e-tron Incentive ($3500 if e-tron S)

I also ran the numbers for the e-tron S at 3% off MSRP with the $3500 Costco incentive:

I emailed a dealer with these numbers for an e-tron that they have in the pipeline to see if they bite.

Pretty bad considering tons of users were getting $3xx (and maybe a $2xx IIRC) payments back in 2021.

Yeah, even though we all know times have changed, it’s still hard to stomach😤

Like I said, mostly just a sanity check on the numbers. Still not sure I can reconcile myself to this big of a lease payment. I may just look to the pre-owned side of things, in which case, it likely wouldn’t be an e-tron or any EV.

IDK if they were ever that low.

In 2019 stacking Costco, MSD, etc resulted in $400s plus tax on P+ and $500s + tax on Prestige, IIRC.

Can anyone offer advice on why most of the dealers I spoke to were utterly unfamiliar with msds? Most of them said Audi doesn’t offer this…. I tried to explain it and they said they understood but Audi doesn’t offer MSDS these were two different Texas dealers and one in Georgia.