Reaching the lease milage on my one-paid Bolt EV. What are my options?

After talking to a few dealers, I don’t think I have an equity position in the car. Maybe I did half-year ago but the used car market seems cooling down a bit. The buyout price is about 20K. I figure I can probably still make a few hundreds if I buyout the car and re-sell but the ROI is low.

Agreed the resale on these bolts is tanking.

I’ve also been extremely letdown by Chevy in trying to get me into another bolt ev or EUV. Just doesn’t make sense to me Chevys approach to the ev market.

1 Like

Exactly. I do think the bolt is a good car for commute but the new lease offer is terrible. Given the fast development of the EV market, I don’t think it’s a good idea to get locked in to another Bolt for three more years.

You will have to ‘argue’ with them a couple of times on the phone but $220 vs $400 is a no brainer
Make sure it is ‘new’, if the receipt says ‘used’ they won’t take it.

I think the trick for used tires is to measure the tread and replace before the inspection.

Ok cool yes they will be new and I have a screenshot from GM financial stating as long as I have all documents proving replacement.

Agreed. I really enjoyed the bolt, the premier trim was very nicely equipped. But the 2020 market and now the 2023 market are completely different. Comparing a bolt to say an ioniq, or id4 shit even Tesla. They are not even close. And they have none of them and no dealers even want to entertain any deals.

I’ve been literally shooed off by my local Chevy dealer. That some 38k EUV redline is substantially more than the 52k ioniq. Like why Chevy why you do this ?

1 Like

Have you measured the tire tread yourself? I’m curious what it is since I think 4/32" is the GM threshold. I’d also be surprised if they dinged you for it if it was close.

I’m not, inspectors are usually pretty meticulous with things like Tire Depth (He had a professional inspection), and I would assume it’s under 4/32

The guy who came out from
AutoVin literally looked like a retired mechanic. Real grizzly looking dude, didn’t say anything. But took pictures of everything and used a digital tool to measure all the tires. Just the two front fell under the threshold.

Glad to see your still around @ElectricEliminator you were real helpful during boltmania almost 3 years ago.

1 Like

I was referring more to GM Financial… I turned a Malibu in with mismatched tires and they didn’t charge me for anything. This was several years ago so who knows what they have changed since then.

Leonardo Dicaprio Enthusiasm GIF by Jordan Belfort

I’m never leaving lol

Nice! So from your experience what should I expect when I go to drop off this bolt.

I’m curious, how mismatched?

I asked AutoVin and he said Brand / Size have to match on each Axel but Model does not (Not sure if Rating does)
so 2 goodyears and 2 pirellis will pass even if there are no matching models.

They will just take it and give you an odometer statement. That’s it. Any ancillary charges would take place after GM Financial gets the car, assuming they even do. It’s possible that the grounding dealer may decide to purchase it on their own for their inventory. In that case you get charged nothing. Otherwise, GM Financial will send it to auction and you would be responsible for any charges, unless the car is sold for more than the residual value. Then those charges would be taken from the excess.

3 of one brand, one of another. They were close enough in tread depth where I didn’t need to replace both.

My Experience is when you turn it in after inspection. You pay the inspection report no matter what (Insider buyout or auction) and unless horribly different, they don’t bother with a 2nd inspection.

Sweet! That inspector was pretty lazy then.

You can’t get charges from inspection if you just ground the vehicle prior to an inspection.

Wanna bet! Lots of posts here people ground the car and get a nasty bill because they forgot to ‘preinspect’