RAV4 Hybrid XSE

I have been communicating with a Toyota salesman the last few days trying to work my first lease deal on a Rav 4 Hybrid XSE. I was initially quoted the MSRP at $35963 and then got a sale price at 34132. All fees rolled into the deal. I asked about MSD’s and they had absolutely no clue. Their manager called me a bit ago and said MSD’s wouldn’t make a big difference because we aren’t leasing a lot of money. I gave him the numbers as I was seeing them on the Calc and he was confused. After ending the conversation I am wondering if it is even worth moving forward with them or not? I was really just looking for a starting point to go to the other local dealerships with. I am a newbie, but I learn fast so don’t hesitate to steer me in the right direction.

Details:
MSRP: $35963
Sales Price: $34132 (LOL but they its off one that is on its way, wife is in love with the car)
MF: .00220
RV: 60%
36/15
Monthly Payment Through Calc (Haven’t even brought up monthly with them yet: $535 pre tax.

Give me your wisdom. Thanks!

My wisdom is you should not lease a RAV4 Hybrid given the astronomical MF and paltry discounts.

If you want it, buy it.

1 Like

I love you, but my wife is going to hate you :slight_smile:

For $500+ per month you could be leasing an X3, Q5, XC60, etc. Not a RAV4…

If wife wants RAV4, you should get her RAV4 - happy wife, happy life. However, you should buy it.

2 Likes

You won’t get much of a deal on the XSE. Tough to get. In my area dealers are over msrp.

But as others will say for that type of payment you can get a lot more car.

3 Likes

Appreciate both of you! I was just reading through your marketplace thread Cody, we will be in San Diego in 4 days. Too bad its so far away, I need to be in a Tacoma lol!