Rate My Mercedes Lease

So I leased my first car June 2018 which is a 2018 CLA 250 4 MATIC and here where the terms. Please keep in mind I was not educated on leases whatsoever.

• MSRP $41,270 / Selling Price $35,240

• Drive Off Amount $544.86 (Zero Down, First Month Payment and License Fee)

• 36 Months / 10k Miles

• Monthly Payment $421.61 (Sales Tax & Maintenance Included)

Now I feel like I have been ripped off. First of all, how on earth is the prepaid maintenance $2,375 it is suppose to be half of that for 3 years. Also why are rebates only $44.86? I have attached two photos of the paper work below. Would love to hear your opinion on this guys.

Sales price was actually $31620, which is great, but $421/mo for a CLA is terrible value. RV and MF probably made the lease program terrible.

It’s from 2018, what does it matter?

2 Likes

Thanks for your input. What do you think a good monthly price for it should’ve been?

Just wanted to get some information on my lease and see how I am improve for my next lease if I will be leasing.

Without knowing the RV/MF/incentives at the time, there’s no way to know what was possible. Anything over $300/mo for a CLA isn’t worth it to me though.

3 Likes

I just joined. Am I allowed to ask how you like the car? I’m considering leasing a CLA and people have been pretty discouraging about them.

Sure! I do in fact like my CLA for its sporty design(AMG Line), smooth ride and great handling. But there a few things I wish were better such as the throttle response. Now why people are “discouraging” about it, is mainly because some don’t consider it as a “real Mercedes”. Which doesn’t bother me at all but if I were to go back I would probably get a C300 coupe with the AMG line for the same price I am paying for my CLA. Hope that helps!

OP’s MF = 0.00125. Seems like it may have been marked up. Residual is 23939.60 (58%). Total discount is 9650 (23.4% off MSRP). I don’t know how much of that is incentives and how much is dealer discount… MSRP = 41270 and sell price = 31620.01.
What bothers me is the 2375 MB maintenance fee OP paid which I would have never gotten as the lease is for 10k miles per year - 36 months. Seems like a waste of money to me. Also, I think MB’s acq fee is 795. If so, the dealer marked it up to 1095 (300). YIKES!

Did you look at the C class? Such a nicer car, CLA feels cheap

Yep I got screwed badly. The maintenance part is what caught my eye a couple months ago, after building Mercedes models on their website I noticed all 3 year maintenance plans were around $1000. Now I don’t know whether is should stay with the lease for 2 more years or swap it if I find someone.

I wish I did pay attention to them more, I could have gotten a beautiful C300 Coupe 4 Matic with the AMG line for the same price. If I waited a bit longer, sigh.

Thanks! I prefer the styling of the CLA, just a bit more aggressive than the C300, but I like the AMG lines on both. I still need to test-drive both. Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Keep in mind the cla is the cheapo front drive based entry level Benz, the c class is a proper rear wheel drive based German automobile

Well mine is 4 Matic with the AMG line so it make up for it abit. But yea I agree with you man.

Good rule of thumb for those who want to buy a package in finance (maintenance, wear and tear, tire package etc…)…always say NO the first time. Every single instance the finance person has dramatically reduced the price.

FWIW, I don’t buy any of the stuff…it’s overpriced insurance, IMHO. Some people benefit, but the majority don’t.

2 Likes

I agree. Say no a few times and they keep lowering the price on those packages.

1 Like

I wish I discovered this forum earlier. You guys are super helpful.

Say it ain’t so? :rofl::joy: the F&I guy is always the worst, always trying to guilt you into stuff. The saying around the dealership is they couldn’t sell cars so they ended up back there.

2 Likes