Range Rover Sport Help

Fellow Hackers-
Need some help here.

I’m looking for Range Rover Sport.
I understand 2020 are gone so I’ll be in 2021.

I’m not into specific color but for options I’m looking for Driver Assist Pack.

Looking to lease because of all the issues I hear from past owners but love this truck.

Ofcourse living on site has got me spoiled into looking for hacks and I understand RRs don’t really come into hacks.

Please help or guide me into how I can get this car on a deal?

10k/39
NY

Same way as every car. Start with the leasing101 section here to sort out the fundamentals of leasing, gather information on the current lease programs (rv/mf/incentives from edmunds), research comparable deals and broker listing to determine a target pre-incentive discount, plug it all in to the calculator to determine your target deal then start reaching out to dealers that have inventory that matches your need to find someone that will do your deal.

You may be at MSRP and marked up MF… but what do I know. Calling @HersheySweet :slight_smile:

At least it’s a sport and not a full size.

Thank you.
Can anyone direct me to the leasing101 post?
I tried searching and couldn’t land on the exact 101.

Yea. @HersheySweet help.

1 Like

Thank you.

Just wanted to know if anyone has had any luck on RR Sport hack lately?

There is a magnifying glass/search bar at the top of the screen. Use it to search.

1 Like

I’ll tell you now. You want to find a phev, live with the 4cyl to find a deal.

You commented on my thread asking for a sport deal, myself, and every other dealer or broker is not going to heavily discount one. Markups to mf are normal, and in fact expected with JLR.

If you’d like programs, feel free to ask for any specific model #, I’d be more than happy to privately share info in accordance to the rules.

It ain’t gonna happen.

Either move on to other makes and models, or hire a broker to find the best of the bad deals.

1 Like

Factory(ies) are about to shut down again for LR/RR production, which will further drive prices up.

1 Like

Oooh I bet that 2nd? 3rd? Covid wave hasn’t helped things… yeah RR may not be in the cards with timing being what it is. Rarely see any of those deals on here as it is

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator, and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

Testing new canned reply @mllcb42

6 Likes