Random Jeep chatter

I’ll always order a car in yellow if available, but agreed. HV is way too highlighter and light than pictures show. Just took delivery and this saturation shows the color much more accurately IMO

6 Likes

What’s mean by HV.

High velocity yellow

1 Like

IMO, HV is better suited for a Rubicon

Agreed. HV looks better with Rubicon’s black accents.

I can’t get Clutch’s shipping guy to return a call after multiple tries and voicemails. Has anyone had luck with the shipper that his LA dealer recommends?

Clutch’s guy also has 1.5 stars on Yelp, mostly due to communication issues according to the negative reviews. Seems to track.

You tryna call the dispatch broker or the actual driver?

It’s a specific person and number that Clutch said to use. He actually just returned my call after another attempt, so I’ve managed to make contact.

Adam? He’s good with texts - sometimes delayed a couple hours but his shipping was the cheapest.

Thanks. Yeah it took about 36 hours for a return call, but we’re finally in contact. We’re texting as we speak, which does seem to be going a bit faster thankfully.

I went directly with LA’s shipper. Adam (Clutch’s guy) was $350 more than what LA shipper picked up my vehicle for.

11/9/2021

MSRP $50690

Selling Price $48100

I’m sure I’m not the only one who enjoys the work of hunting for the best price too. The sport of it can be fun.

If any of you are seriously struggling to sell after checking all the sites and the brokers here, feel free to hit me up on PM for help.

9 Likes

I might take you up on that offer. It for all brand or just specifically for 4xe?

2 Likes

I registered the car in MO and for some reason DMV sent me the title instead of Chrysler capital. I am pretty sure that’s wrong and I need to send the title back to Chrysler Capital. does anyone have experience like this ?

Out of curiosity, what colors/options did you choose?

How many should be on Rubicon 4XE before getting the smog done?

Depends on if it’s had the battery recently pulled that’s reset the obd2 readiness tests or not.

Nope. Just got it yesterday and it has 22 miles right now. Dealer said at least 500 miles minimum before smog will pass?

This isn’t really true, but it’s a good way for the dealer to make sure there isn’t an issue.

Essentially, the issue with smog testing these isn’t the actual emissions testing, but rather that the OBD2 system has performed all of the readiness test drive cycles since the last battery reset. The computer is looking for specific drive cycles to have been completed before it’ll give the all clear to pass the test. These are usually things like “drive for 15 minutes at 50+ mph after having fully warmed up three times”. Depending on how you drive, you can hit all the drive cycles in an hour or two of driving, or it can take hundreds of miles. Add in that it’s a phev that can easily do hundreds of miles without ever turning the gas engine on, depending on how often you charge, and it’s a hard question to give a real answer to.

1 Like