Random Jeep chatter

I wouldnt jump to that conclusion. A low 12v battery signal can and will set off all kinds of error messages that go away when a fully charged 12v battery is used.

If you can, take the 12v battery to an autoparts store and have them charge it.

1 Like

Brought the battery to AutoZone and it’s a goner. Out of the possible scenarios that was the best result. Now I wait for the local dealerships service department to open tomorrow in hope of a easy swap.

2 Likes

All these transport delays are not good for these 12v batteries. My 4xe was built on 6/22 but currently stuck in the logistics hell. It has been sitting in the Utah rail distribution center since 7/5 with an new est delivery date of 8/15 now. I am going to ask the dealer to test the battery before delivery.

Annoying and not something you should have to deal with on a one day old vehicle, but fortunately its super trivial.

Jeep aeems to use the crappiest 12v batteries they can find. Its always amazing how many you hear about dying very early in their life.

1 Like

Mine just randomly turned off but didn’t try any adjustments to cables. It turned on 20 minutes later…it’s a mystery at this point

Speaking of JL forum, I don’t have an account there and I’d rather not register for yet another forum so I’m going to ask my fellow hackrs. Been driving this thing for about a month now and I’m experiencing a whine during electric only mode. Definitely not the pedestrian warning system. More like a ground loop whine. It gets higher pitched as my speed increases.

Has anyone else noticed this? Normal? It’s not a deal breaker but it is annoying on a $63k vehicle. Trying to avoid taking it to dealer if at all possible.

Is it the electric motor?

Are we not supposed to drive the Rubicon above 70 when there is high wind?
I hit 50 miles on the highway today with soft-top closed. The noise was a LOT when I went over 70. Is it supposed to be this loud? Do people just drive it slow on the highway?

You can drive it over 70mph but Wranglers don’t like high speed on the freeway. They’re not built for that.

I just did a 4hr drive from DC back to northern NJ thru heavy torrential rain and gusty 50mph winds. Alittle loud but nothing out of the ordinary for Wranglers.

Crank the music up and you won’t even notice it :sunglasses:

5 Likes

As long as tire pressure is good you can drive as fast as you want, up by 99 mph that is. I drove the Rubi from Ga to Cali, doing mostly 85 with no problems. The 4xes (and 392) have a iron steering box, as opposed to aluminum, making them the best handling Wranglers off the lot. If you want to make it handle better, throw on a Exact Center steering stabilizer. In regards to sound, the hardtop helps.

1 Like

I drove the Rubicon over 9 hours home from the dealer with high winds. Going over 70 was super loud, and with this crazy wobble when my hand was on 12 made me stay at 60-65. 4 & 6 on the wheel was better though and more stable. I’m putting the hot head headliner on on Friday. Hopefully it will make a good noise difference on the highway. I love how it drives in my residential area though. Very comfortable drive.

I have had few wranglers over the years, all being Rubicon’s. The headliner helps reduce the temp and noise. I always got the mopar one, heard the hot head is even better. Also make sure your psi is in mid 30s, that makes a difference.

Tire pressure makes a huge difference and a lot of dealers neglect to properly set the pressure before delivery.

Thanks I’ll check the psi. I told the dealer to make sure what you recommended was done before my drive, but they did the run around saying their inspection on each vehicle checks everything…

I went through that weather yesterday and today. Handled pretty well. My trip average came out to 19.9mpg…little under 1k miles.

It’s driving a brick. I got like 15 at 85.

I drove ours in the awful weather yesterday. Those crosswinds make for some white knuckle moments at highway speeds.

Could someone provide the colors for Sahara please. Think snazz, granite and that pink color are gone now. Jeep’s site still shows those. Plan on ordering tomorrow.

Thanks

You got it, those three colors are off the table now.

1 Like

So I drove the Rubi 9 hours home from the dealer last Monday and drove for a week with 41psi that they or the factory put it at. Will see how the recommended 37 feels this week (just lowered it) as it’s mostly suburban driving. 41 feels good but a little stiff.